1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Assign Max Brightness to a button

Is it possible to program something like setting the brightness to maximum via one of the hardware buttons, perhaps a long press or double press? I have done this a couple times: I keep my brightness to "Auto" which is fine in most situations. However, if I am at the beach or other sunny place the screen does not display bright enough for me. I hit the brightness icon and it cycles through the lower settings before getting to max. Once the screen goes dim I am lost. I cannot see anything...... If I knew I could long press on volume up (or whatever) to give me maximum brightness I would not be trying to use the phone blind.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Assign Max Brightness to a button

I poked around the Play store but didn't see anything that would allow you to assign a "maximum brightness" setting to one of the physical buttons. It'd be neat, though, if such an app could do that.
    Live long and prosper.

If you keep your brightness set to Auto all the time, you can simply set the slider all the way to the brightest setting (which will have no effect since you're on Auto), and then when you want maximum brightness simply swipe down the notification bar and uncheck the Auto box. Then do the same thing to turn off the maximum brightness when you're done with it.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by George53 View Post
    If you keep your brightness set to Auto all the time, you can simply set the slider all the way to the brightest setting (which will have no effect since you're on Auto), and then when you want maximum brightness simply swipe down the notification bar and uncheck the Auto box. Then do the same thing to turn off the maximum brightness when you're done with it.
    Interesting workaround.

gp8.3
    Live long and prosper.