1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Rooted AT&T Samsung S4 - can't boot into recovery mode

So I rooted yesterday successfully but apparently shut something down (froze) in Titanium Backup that I shouldn't have. Phone has been rebooting itself all day saying that "com.android.phone" has stopped. I can't log into the phone (and the SD card is encrypted so I'm able to log in there when the phone restarts). I have an MF3 stock phone.

I have followed the instructions on the xda board, downloaded ODIN, put the rar files in their proper place in ODIN but I'm not even sure I'm doing that correctly. Phone is connected to my Windows 7 x64 via USB but I'm not sure the computer even recognizes the phone at this point to even flash the ROM using ODIN. I try to reboot the phone into recovery mode using the hardware buttons: nothing happens, except I see the Samsung Galaxy logo, I let go of the buttons, then nothing, it turns back off. I got one prompt (Yellow exclamation error triangle) to boot into recovery, and when I said yes, again, nothing happened, phone turned off and I see the charging battery icon.

I'm at a loss here. Not sure where to go from here. Phone is soft-bricked for sure but because it keeps booting itself, I can't even flash it to get it back to stock MF3 mode.

Help!

Default Re: Rooted AT&T Samsung S4 - can't boot into recovery mode

Quote Originally Posted by razz2525 View Post
    So I rooted yesterday successfully but apparently shut something down (froze) in Titanium Backup that I shouldn't have. Phone has been rebooting itself all day saying that "com.android.phone" has stopped. I can't log into the phone (and the SD card is encrypted so I'm able to log in there when the phone restarts). I have an MF3 stock phone.

I have followed the instructions on the xda board, downloaded ODIN, put the rar files in their proper place in ODIN but I'm not even sure I'm doing that correctly. Phone is connected to my Windows 7 x64 via USB but I'm not sure the computer even recognizes the phone at this point to even flash the ROM using ODIN. I try to reboot the phone into recovery mode using the hardware buttons: nothing happens, except I see the Samsung Galaxy logo, I let go of the buttons, then nothing, it turns back off. I got one prompt (Yellow exclamation error triangle) to boot into recovery, and when I said yes, again, nothing happened, phone turned off and I see the charging battery icon.

I'm at a loss here. Not sure where to go from here. Phone is soft-bricked for sure but because it keeps booting itself, I can't even flash it to get it back to stock MF3 mode.

Help!
    Maybe try taking it to Best Buy and have the person at the Samsung Experience booth flash it back to stock