Weather apps that are NICE to the battery!

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, Samsung's got a built in AccuWeather widget/service, but it's not all that wonderful. GoogleNow has weather capability, but you can't really set up a widget for JUST the weather card, you end up with whatever card happens to be at the top of the list. Anyone know any weather apps or widgets that are battery-kind? It's been my experience that they're some of the worst battery-hogs around unless they're baked into the Android build (TouchWIZ or OptimusUI or whatever...LG's built in weather widgets were really good and very battery friendly).

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Eye in the sky looks nice and has a bunch of widgets to choose from. You can also set it to only update once an hour in order to make it more battery friendly.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I used 1Weather and really liked it and had no problem with battery drain. I Changed to BWeather only because I like the background animations. It also doesn't drainn the battery much. With both programs I update at least every hour and have weather alert warnings enabled. In both cases I also have at least 4 different locations being monitored.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
For years I've been using The Weather Channel app. Never saw a reason to change from that.

I use the 4x1 wide widget it comes with. I've never noticed any battery drain issues with it.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking the reason the battery was draining so quickly was cloudy with a chance of Samsung. I'm swearing those things off.

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I use Android Weather because it shows the temperature with the wind chill. I set it to use the zip code instead of gps to save on battery life.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The stock app is ok you just simply need to go to the settings and make sure you set the refresh intervals to on demand or manual or when you open it up so it refreshes only when you tap it

from my wonderfully rooted gs4 woot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463