1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Alarm volume too low when on table? Do you guys put the phone face down to hear it?

Hey,

My friend came from iphone 4s to galaxy s4. He complained the alarm isnt loud enough and I didnt believe him, I've never really had a problem with alarms on galaxies before (I have note 3 and alarm is at the bottom).

So he showed me, when u hold the phone in the hand the alarm is really loud, but as soon as you put the phone on the table, you can BARELY hear it, I was shocked. He has to put the phone face flat on the table to be able to hear the alarm, and I find that unacceptable.

Anyone else have this problem?

Global Posts
    13,794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Alarm volume too low when on table? Do you guys put the phone face down to hear it?

Quote Originally Posted by mindracer View Post
    Hey,

My friend came from iphone 4s to galaxy s4. He complained the alarm isnt loud enough and I didnt believe him, I've never really had a problem with alarms on galaxies before (I have note 3 and alarm is at the bottom).

So he showed me, when u hold the phone in the hand the alarm is really loud, but as soon as you put the phone on the table, you can BARELY hear it, I was shocked. He has to put the phone face flat on the table to be able to hear the alarm, and I find that unacceptable.

Anyone else have this problem?
    I think I am misunderstanding something. Is he laying it screen down?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Alarm volume too low when on table? Do you guys put the phone face down to hear it?

Since the speaker is on the back I always lay my S4 face down. With it face up the speaker is very low.

Global Posts
    13,794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I was thinking is you laid it face up if it would be louder. Something to reflect the sound...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

face down would be very quiet if the speaker grill is damaged and not protruding like it was designed or if you have a flat case on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This is probably going to sound strange but put the phone in a glass. The sound bounces off the glass and seems to make it louder.
    Banned

I usually leave mine face down but it doesn't matter because I have an otter box on it

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

Check out the UAG case. The formed channels on the back side allow the sound to be heard even when laying on the back.

Amazon.com: URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Samsung Galaxy S4, Black: Cell Phones & Accessories