Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mistykp
  • 1 Post By metle_geek
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung S4 Bluetooth connection problems

Hello and sorry if there is already a thread out there for this but I'm new to these forums and also an android phone so.........I come from the IOS world and just "upgraded" to the S4. I had zero issues with blue tooth connectivity to my 2011 Chevy Malibu. Before I left Best Buy with the S4 they paired the phone for me and I was able to make to hands free calls and that was a week ago, the day I got the phone. I can not get it to work to save my life. HELP!!!!

If responding please note I need "laymans" terms for this and not extreme techy!

Thank you!

Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Samsung S4 Bluetooth connection problems

Have you checked the phone to see if Bluetooth went off by accident?

Pull down with 2 fingers or just one from the top of the screen of your phone.
    Press and hold for 2 seconds Bluetooth.
    See if the toggle is off or on. There's also a scan button on the bottom press it when near your car to see if it recognizes the car.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forums! 👍😆

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Bluetooth is on, this much I can tell you. This scan button you speak of.....tell me more. Although I am pretty sure I did this last night and it showed paired. But when I make a call it recognizes nothing. I really appreciate your time! Like I said brand new to any forums and this phone/system. I have been IOS forever!!!!!!! It's like a new language.
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Sorry I didn't get back during the day but I had a very busy day at work.
    I'll get back here tomorrow morning.
    Good night.

Banned

Do this pull down the notification shade (i use that teminology so you know what i mean) i included some pictures to help you out ok press the gear you will see a screen like the first one. Touch the bluetooth you will come to screen two (notice how it says not visible) tap the device name and it will go to screen two where it puts it as visible. Now go to pairing mode on your car press the scan button it should recognise it now and simply pair them this is true for all androids its just how they emplemented it you have to make it visible and even then its for a minit im assuming itts done like this to conserve power

from my wonderfully rooted gs4 woot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung S4 Bluetooth connection problems-1390510147412.jpg   Samsung S4 Bluetooth connection problems-1390510163495.jpg   Samsung S4 Bluetooth connection problems-1390510175744.jpg  
    STARGATE likes this.
    Banned

Btw dont worry my stuff is themed yours will be stock looking but the funtionality is the same

from my wonderfully rooted gs4 woot

Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by mistykp View Post
    Bluetooth is on, this much I can tell you. This scan button you speak of.....tell me more. Although I am pretty sure I did this last night and it showed paired. But when I make a call it recognizes nothing. I really appreciate your time! Like I said brand new to any forums and this phone/system. I have been IOS forever!!!!!!! It's like a new language.
    If you go to Bluetooth and it's off (as mine is in the screenshot below) as soon as you turn it on it will start scanning automatically.
    You can see the scan button at the bottom.
    Samsung S4 Bluetooth connection problems-1390638774187.jpg

Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Oh and you can also try what metle posted.
    Good luck and may the Force be with you!

OK. Finally had a chance to link my Galaxy S4 to my 2013 Malibu. Phone works fine. However, even though Mylink see the 1000+ MP3 audio files on my phone and plays them, the volume is too low. Even setting the Malibu audio to full volume, you can hardly hear the track. What am I doing wrong?
    Banned

Have you tried turning up the volume on the phone itself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Still having volume issues with Bluetooth audio. Installed Pandora on the phone. Mylink connects with and controls Pandora perfectly. However, again, the volume is so low to be useful. I even installed "A2DP Volume" on my phone, but it does not seem to help. Help please!!
    Banned

You need to find the media volume and raise it there should be an option for it in the blue tooth settings when it's paired

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Just turn the volume up from the phone.