Galaxy S4 keeps poping up ads

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s4 keeps poping up ads

What are the pros and cons of rooting ? Is it like jailbreaking for the iphone?

In really simple terms, rooting is gaining advanced privileges on the android system. The common user should not worry about root (that's just my opinion). The pros do not show if you don't know what you are doing.

Try adblock plus like I stated above. It should block the ads you have.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s4 keeps poping up ads

What are the pros and cons of rooting ? Is it like jailbreaking for the iphone?

No. Jail breaking an iPhone will only give you as much permission as stock android basically has already
Rooting lets you do a lot more
As far as pros: Root only apps, ROMs and custom recoveries, different kernels and frameworks
Cons: Voids warranty and can brick your phone

Posted via Android Central App

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yea I was thinking about that earlier that you might need to Un install the app again I've had it happen but then again I've always been rooted so I can use a root browser and manually remove every folder ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

langston11

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello .

II don't know if this is still a problem for you but i have been experiencing this problem as well I went into the Google settings in my menu and clicked the ads button there it says to block ads just check that box it should work

Traci Makowski

May 31, 2015
Visit site
hi,
I'm new to this forum, and Ive searched this topic and haven't found it on here.
My galaxy s4 keeps popping up ads like dating ads and used car ads and ads from the Google play store for apps to download.
this happens ever time i unlock my phone after a couple minutes. I cant figure out if its a app doing it or not.

ps. Ive already downloaded the ad detector app(s) and deleted all of the apps they said have any type of ads ect. please help its driving me CRAZYYYYYY:mad::confused:

Thanks

Traci Makowski

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I was having this problem after a system update. It was driving me nuts!!!! I finally found in my settings how to stop recommended apps from popping up. You go to: Settings > Display > Notification Panel > Recommended Apps .... turn off!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power