1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Edition on AT&T MF2?

I messed up my phone yesterday trying to install Clock Work Recovery so I took the phone to the Samsung store. They somehow re flashed my entire device which was on MF3 and now I just checked and it says MF2 on Android 4.3. So since they downgraded my firmware does that mean the boot loader is now unlocked since MF3 was the one AT&T pushed out to lock said device? I haven't done anything else to the device and after they flashed it they performed a Factory Reset and it is not rooted but unfortunately contains all the AT&T crappy apps.. I would like to use Google Edition or if possible Cyanogenmod.

Also will this work on my phone?
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by spartan948265 View Post
    I messed up my phone yesterday trying to install Clock Work Recovery so I took the phone to the Samsung store. They somehow re flashed my entire device which was on MF3 and now I just checked and it says MF2 on Android 4.3. So since they downgraded my firmware does that mean the boot loader is now unlocked since MF3 was the one AT&T pushed out to lock said device? I haven't done anything else to the device and after they flashed it they performed a Factory Reset and it is not rooted but unfortunately contains all the AT&T crappy apps.. I would like to use Google Edition or if possible Cyanogenmod.

Also will this work on my phone?
    They didn't downgrade your phone. If you were rooted before you were most likely on 4.2.2 before, and since you have 4.3 now, the opposite is true. They upgraded to the latest firmware.
    4.3 has no custom recoveries at the moment (No CWM or TWRP) so you'll either have to wait or try your luck with SafeStrap. Even then, the list of ROMs is limited so you might not be able to get the ROM you want

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Google Edition on AT&T MF2?

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    They didn't downgrade your phone. If you were rooted before you were most likely on 4.2.2 before, and since you have 4.3 now, the opposite is true. They upgraded to the latest firmware.
    4.3 has no custom recoveries at the moment (No CWM or TWRP) so you'll either have to wait or try your luck with SafeStrap. Even then, the list of ROMs is limited so you might not be able to get the ROM you want

Ok well then why does my firmware say MF2 instead of MF3 since they upgraded it to 4.3?

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Ok well then why does my firmware say MF2 instead of MF3 since they upgraded it to 4.3?
    Those are just the final letters in the build number. Mine is MDL and I am on 4.3 (Although it is a custom ROM)
    The official 4.3 firmware can't be downgraded

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok well thanks for the help. Would you know of any ROMs I would be able to get instead? Also would I be able to root using the MF3 option on this 4.3 version?

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Ok well thanks for the help. Would you know of any ROMs I would be able to get instead? Also would I be able to root using the MF3 option on this 4.3 version?
    I'm not familiar with SafeStrap. You'd have to go to xda.developers.com and see what ROMs are supported