1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T S4: Bluetooth problems

I have enjoyed listening to the songs on my phone with the bluetooth in my 2012 Toyota Highlander. My phone no longer detects the car's blue tooth. Two things have happened and I'm not sure which is affected it. First, I upgraded to 4.3. Second, I reset my phone. My phone does work with my new Bose devise (awesome btw)

Also, I tried using the usb option and it doesn't work. Do I need a special cord? I just used one that connected to my charger.

Appreciate your thoughts.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-21-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: blutooth

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Green View Post
    I have enjoyed listening to the songs on my phone with the bluetooth in my 2012 Toyota Highlander. My phone no longer detects the car's blue tooth. Two things have happened and I'm not sure which is affected it. First, I upgraded to 4.3. Second, I reset my phone. My phone does work with my new Bose devise (awesome btw)

Also, I tried using the usb option and it doesn't work. Do I need a special cord? I just used one that connected to my charger.

Appreciate your thoughts.
    Have you tried resyncing them? Also, you should try an auxillary cable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004LT...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Banned

Default Re: AT&T S4: Bluetooth problems

Not necessarily if your using the music on the device and connect the USB cable and have a navigation screen it should pop up as an mtp device you will need to use this as a file explorer it will pop open the file directory if you have your music on the external micro sd card (highly recommended) you will need to access external sd then music for internal access the 0 folder android media music

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am beginning to think I am not smart enough for this. What do you mean by resync?

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

But have you deleted the remembered paired devices?? For the Toyota under the blue tooth menu? And have you remembered to make the phone visible to pairing devices? To make it visible once you turn on the bluetooth go to your settings and tap the bar to make it visible? (Make sure the box is checked) it should say making visible for 30 seconds and start a count down timer

Banned

For visual reference it might be necessary to forget the Toyota as a paired device as the 4.3 (mk2) build brought new bluetooth drivers and a newer version so manually re syncing it will most likely solve this issue

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T S4: Bluetooth problems-1390330944265.jpg   AT&T S4: Bluetooth problems-1390330973675.jpg   AT&T S4: Bluetooth problems-1390330989802.jpg