Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: Phone no longer displays photos in my gallery

When I hook phone to computer, the images are in the DCIM camera folder. When I select gallery on the phone, it only shows a black screen. All worked fine until a week ago. Can't figure out why. Certainly did restarts, with no positive result.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy S4: Phone no longer displays photos in my gallery

Update: I deleted all the photos from the DCIM camera folder since I found a few posts on the forum about corrupt picture files. I then took a couple pix with the camera. Those new pix don't show up! I also tried clearing the cache as other posts here recommend. Ugh! What happened? Am running Android 4.3, and there are no updates available.

Default Re: Galaxy S4: Phone no longer displays photos in my gallery

When you connect to the computer are you connecting as an mtp or the camera? Try connecting as an mtp device and see if you can pull up the file system and go to the photo folder on windows connect the phone to your computer press the start button go to computer and open the phones file system if you have it stored on the device go to the devices storage if it's on the SD card go to the SD storage and see if those pictures are still there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app