Speaker Issues

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So I had gotten my speaker on my S4 slightly wet about 5 months ago when I accidentally spilled something on it but it had continued to work just fine...made a few 'gurgling' sounds when doing some things but for the most part, it worked. I just updated the software the other night to 4.3. Now all of a sudden the speaker has completely died....no sounds at all. I ordered a replacement speaker, we just replaced it tonight, and the replacement doesn't work either. I'm wondering if it is something else in the phone connected to the speaker that is broken or could it be related to the software update?

BTW, I've been having other weirdnesses with the latest software.....sometimes the phone does not 'lock' and the screen does not auto shut off. I have to reboot the phone to get it to work. This was working fine before the software update.

I'm also having a security notification come up now that says it has blocked some application trying to access my security! It does not say which one. I have not installed *anything* new for months...prior to the system update and after. This is of a concern especially since it does not tell me which application. I was not getting this notificaiton prior to the system update.....ever.

Any thoughts on the speaker and other 'weirdness' with the phone lately?

Thanks!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Check your connections to the mother board if it's corroded it's not going to work the only thing I can suggest is to get a small copper wire brush and gently scrape the patina off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781