Jumping to AT&T, get the GS4 or wait for the GS5

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I know this is a rather stupid question (for some) but I am jumping to AT&T and while the GS5 looks nice based on what we have seen should I just get a GS4? I mean the S600 2GB RAM, 32GB (23+ usable) isn't so bad compared to an S801. I had the GN3 but honestly its just bulky now that I have to carry two phones (work and personal).

Who has the best deals on the GS4?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd go for the S5, unless you could get a really good deal on the S4. A new S4 is still around $49 on contract. Don't remember seeing any deals on it recently.
If not, the S5 is the obvious choice.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Last I checked it was still 200 on contract it was 49 for Christmas at most retailers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Last I checked it was still 200 on contract it was 49 for Christmas at most retailers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Got my new S4 for 99 cents on Black Friday at Sam's and then noticed Best Buy had it for free!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Wait for the S5. Kit Kat is all kinds of messed up on the S4. For me anyway. I will be fixing it by upgrading to an S5 this summer so...... wait is my advice. Good luck with whatever you decide.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Umm no. The S5 may have similar specs but it's no G2.

They are different phones

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

In my opinion, get the S4. I wasn't too impressed with the S5. Specs are only slightly better.

Your decision though.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Raptor007 are you going to be happy with last year's model with slower specs and performance than the Note 3?

I would wait for the S5 just because you are use to a certain performance level with the Note 3.

The Note 3 was a generational leap from the S4. The S5 is more its equal.

Skeleknights

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I know this is a rather stupid question (for some) but I am jumping to AT&T and while the GS5 looks nice based on what we have seen should I just get a GS4? I mean the S600 2GB RAM, 32GB (23+ usable) isn't so bad compared to an S801. I had the GN3 but honestly its just bulky now that I have to carry two phones (work and personal).

Who has the best deals on the GS4?

For the price if you're on a budget, S4.

For the latest specs and the money aren't an issue, S5.

I have S4, its not worth the upgrade for me. I am considering Note 3 since I draw a lot with SketchMobile. Note 3 is on par with S5.

For the best deal, usually Amazon has the best deal. I would price match it at Best Buy since they do the price match now. So do a research from a known vendors and show it to Best Buy, they'll price match it.

Posted via Android Central App

SpringCTIL

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi:

Have the S2. Staples has the S4 for a penny right now with a 2 year contract. Thinking of buying it instead of waiting for the 5.

I have a question if someone could answer I'd appreciate it.

On the S2 Samsung blew the voice dialing feature.

When you connect to the phone via the bluetooth ear piece, the microphone on the phone should go silent & everything should be heard just thru the ear piece.

On the S2 that doesn't happen. You hear everything thru both the phone microphone & the ear piece.

Did Samsung correct this issue on the S4?

Thanks.

Spring

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
AT&T is the way to go but I would not ever buy a branded phone again. The Motorola X Dev or the Nexus 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi:

Have the S2. Staples has the S4 for a penny right now with a 2 year contract. Thinking of buying it instead of waiting for the 5.

I have a question if someone could answer I'd appreciate it.

On the S2 Samsung blew the voice dialing feature.

When you connect to the phone via the bluetooth ear piece, the microphone on the phone should go silent & everything should be heard just thru the ear piece.

On the S2 that doesn't happen. You hear everything thru both the phone microphone & the ear piece.

Did Samsung correct this issue on the S4?

Thanks.

Spring

You mean that you could hear voice calls both on the phone and through the Bluetooth earpiece?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's gone now...

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X is still a branded phone :p

Re read that the moto x dev= development at&t doesn't do development editions as you can unlock the boot loader and if they do its full price no subsadies

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If for no other reason, I'd go S5 just because it'll likely see a few newer versions of Android. Willing to bet the S4 won't go past 4.4.2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo