1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't Update my AT&T Galaxy S4 to KitKat. "Software Update Interrupted"

My S4 (ATT) has not been able to get a software update. My phone is still running 4.2.2 and whenever i go to get a software update, it says that it was interrupted and I can try again in 24 hours. My phone has the stock settings btw.

I wasn't bothered by this when 4.3 came out because i didn't think it was a big upgrade, but now i want 4.4 and it still won't work.

Anyone else have this problem or ideas on how to fix it?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-10-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Default Re: Can't Update my S4 to KitKat. "Software Update Interrupted"

Is your phone rooted or has it been rooted in the past? If so you will not be able to install the update until you Odin back to stock firmware. To find out how to do this do a Web search for XDA developers and find your phone on their Web site. They have detailed instructions and links to all the files that you will need there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

If it has never been rooted, you should be able to take it to either an AT&T store or Best Buy (Samsung experience section) and have them do the update for you.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by wd4oay View Post
    Is your phone rooted or has it been rooted in the past? If so you will not be able to install the update until you Odin back to stock firmware. To find out how to do this do a Web search for XDA developers and find your phone on their Web site. They have detailed instructions and links to all the files that you will need there.

My phone has never been rooted

Your best bet then is to take it to an AT&T store or Best Buy and have them do the update for you. Also one other thing to try, I've heard that if you have an external SD card installed on your phone, it can interrupt the update. So try removing it if you have one and updating without it installed.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Your best bet then is to take it to an AT&T store or Best Buy and have them do the update for you. Also one other thing to try, I've heard that if you have an external SD card installed on your phone, it can interrupt the update. So try removing it if you have one and updating without it installed.

Ok, i'll try that. Thanks!

Good luck

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Good luck

Didn't work. LOL

Guess I'll have to stop by a ATT store.

Go to Best Buy, AT&T will not do an upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Hi guys,I have the same problem.I bought my phone year ago on contract in AT&T,but now I am in Europe,and till summer I not gonna be in America,so I canot wait summer to update it mhpne.Could I update it via AT&T ota servers or I need to try some other metod.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofk1ngs View Post
    My S4 (ATT) has not been able to get a software update. My phone is still running 4.2.2 and whenever i go to get a software update, it says that it was interrupted and I can try again in 24 hours. My phone has the stock settings btw.

I wasn't bothered by this when 4.3 came out because i didn't think it was a big upgrade, but now i want 4.4 and it still won't work.

Anyone else have this problem or ideas on how to fix it?
    I had this problem, I used Odin and flashed the 4.3 stock on to my phone (which I got from the XDA site). Once that was done I just did a software update from the phone and got the 4.4.2 update.from AT&T. Wasn't difficult at all, whole process took about an hour.
    Blackberry Storm 1> Blackberry Storm 2> Samsung Mesmerize>Motorola Electrify>AT&T SG3>AT&T SG4> AT&T Optimus G Pro>AT&T LG G2
    Banned

Why would you want an unlock able boot loader?? Root it and flash a rom

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

My S4(ATT) shows me 200067hrs whenever I go to check for the latest update which is kitkat. It all started when I read a forum where someone said to change the date to check for it regularly and it worked the first 3 tries then it began showing me the 200067hrs to check again. Please help!!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

They have Odin 4.4.2 .tar files now over at XDA. This will erase your data but will put you up to 4.4.2 stock.

Do this at you own risk. Read the thread.

Please hit thanks if this helps

Thanked by:

Default Re: Can't Update my AT&T Galaxy S4 to KitKat. "Software Update Interrupted"

Thought: Consider yourself lucky that the "update" failed! KitKat 4.4.2 is very flawed and will ruin your file management and SD card access. Stick with 4.2... It works much better.

Posted via Android Central App