Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Galaxy S4: KitKat 4.4, SD corrupted problems

Hello all!

I just recently updated to kitkat, and i was wondering what the problem really was..

Im not sure if it was kitkat that ruined my sd card, but i have a class 10 sandisk 32gb memory card and never had problems with it until now.
    Yesterday i added some music to my sd card. i have a mac and i use android file transfer app, it never gave me problems before.. i tried reformatting the sd card on the mac and on the phone and it still says it's corrupted...

BUT the weird thing is i can still open the files inside the sd card (using files on the s4) and or the computer with no problem. I can move files/pictures/apps to the sd card and take pictures no problem.. but when for an example i use photogrid to save a picture to the sd card, it would say "corrupted sd card" please find another area...

anyone else having this problem?!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-08-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Default Re: Kitkat 4.4, SD corrupted problems

Reformat it on the S4 android and mac don't always play nicely as apple wants nothing more than to kill android if you can still open all the files it's not formatted a proper format means all data is deleted and the flash band storage inside of the sd is recompiled to a new file structure

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S4: KitKat 4.4, SD corrupted problems

KitKat 4.4.2 is a bugger!! It destroys file management and makes SD cards next to useless. Workarounds are a total pain. Avoid this flawed "update" if at all possible.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: AT&T Galaxy S4: KitKat 4.4, SD corrupted problems

Quote Originally Posted by sho50 View Post
    KitKat 4.4.2 is a bugger!! It destroys file management and makes SD cards next to useless. Workarounds are a total pain. Avoid this flawed "update" if at all possible.

Posted via Android Central App
    I agree but remember google has it this way as they are trying to phase out ext sd cards period all samsung did was not edit that part of the code to give r/w permissions

must have unlocked boot loaders!!