- 2 Posts
Help Downgrading / Rooting my AT&T Galaxy S4 (using 4.4.2)
Hi everyone. Excuse my lack of technical jargon because I'm really new to the android stuff in general. I'd like to root my galaxy s4 - it's an AT&T I337 running kitkat 4.4.2 or whatever. As far as I know, there's no existing root method as of yet, so my way around would be to downgrade to 4.2.2 and try to root from there. However, so far I haven't even found a method to do that. Is it possible/how do you downgrade your android version? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
- 03-09-2014, 11:15 PM #2
- 03-10-2014, 12:01 AM #4
- 05-27-2014, 03:38 PM #5
- 1 Posts
Re: Help Downgrading / Rooting my AT&T Galaxy S4 (using 4.4.2)
Hey man, I've also been looking for a way to downgrade to 4.3 or sooner since Kit Kat 4.4.2 on the S4 for the AT&T and Verizon models are completely f***ed. I don't think there's any other way to root your phone and therefore install a custom rom with the bootloader being locked. This recent thread [Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 4.4.2 KitKat Root - Page 3 - xda-developers was like yours and apparently it worked for one of the guys there (links below) so it'll probably work for you! Good luck!
I337UCUFNB1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM & I337_MK2toNB1_KeepRoot_OTA.zip - xda-developers
[NB1►DOWNGRADE★UPDATE◄MK2] ★ [NB1 FULL ODIN] ★ [Apr.24.2014] - xda-developers
- By extraclass in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2Replies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2014, 09:24 PM
- By twister8008 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 03-10-2014, 02:27 AM
- By thxinadvance in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-10-2014, 12:52 AM
- By hdradaza in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2014, 09:09 PM
- By Kev Howell in forum HTC ChaChaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2014, 08:48 PM