Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SIM card not being recognized on SGH-I337

I've been having an issue with my phone randomly making me restart my phone to check for a SIM card when I have one inside. I've tried new SIMs and I also sent it in to Samsung to get repaired. They put in a new SIM slot, but I keep having the same issue. Help?

Default Re: SIM card not being recognized on SGH-I337

Hmmm maybe a new phone dude if they replaced the sim slot and a new card possibly a new phone have you tryed a factory reset? Back up everything before you try it

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

I have had this issue and I to sent phone to Samsung. It took three trips but they did fix it this third time. It was the system board. Many people seem to be having this issue. Here is just one thread over at XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2375982
    No sim card error

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Here is what I posted on the AT&T forums. I am just trying to get my phone re unlocked

I just received my Galaxy S4 back from repair the third time and now it is carrier locked. The original problem was it from kept losing the SIM card and having to reboot the final repair Samsung replace the system board.

I originally had this phone unlocked as soon as I bought the phone. Now after I got it back it is carrier locked and the unlock code does not work.

I got the phone back from Samsung with the same serial # and IMEI # so the original unlock code should work however it is not.

Samsung says to talk to AT&T but AT&T is giving the same unlock code.

Idk did you grab your box and go to settings more about phone anzd compare them??

Yes they are identical. The label under the battery matches as well.

From what I have read when a system board is replaced your serial and IMEI should change too, however mine did not.

Its a cloned phone they simply teansfer it from the chip there might not be anything you cando without opening up the phone and getting the board cerial# which violates the warranty and being you werent usuing an at&t sim please tell me you werent using a sim cutter type of sim that will have an effect

How can Samsung repair service clone legally?

I need my phone unlocked as it was before the repair

They do it to make warranty status to say the same

Its not going to be unlocked unless you have that serial# and the original imie you need to call samsung and ask them for that info hopefully the tech scanned it in

I have found that Samsung has documented the actual IMEI of the new board is different then what is programmed into the phone. I wonder if I can get an unlock for the actual IMEI. I do not have the serial number just the IMEI of the board they put into the phone.

Well call at&t and see what they say

Well seems ATT will not unlock the phone becasue the hardware IMEI seems to be in the system as another AT&T customer. They may be sending me a new phone and they want this one back to see what Samsung has done. I just want the phone unlocked.

Should I just buy an unlock code with the IMEI that samsung said the IMEI is of the system board?

This is really getting annoing.

Quote Originally Posted by shamelin73 View Post
    Well seems ATT will not unlock the phone becasue the hardware IMEI seems to be in the system as another AT&T customer. They may be sending me a new phone and they want this one back to see what Samsung has done. I just want the phone unlocked.

Should I just buy an unlock code with the IMEI that samsung said the IMEI is of the system board?

This is really getting annoing.
    No because it will do the same exact thing and Congress just passed a law that states they have to unlock it upon request I'm gonna see if I can pull up the article

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Well just got all this taken care of. Someone in AT&T development got a hold of me and they sent me a new phone and what the one Samsung repaired for testing. Apparently the system board Samsung used in my phone was another AT&T customer and was causing issues on the network having tow of the same IMEI reporting on the network.

I now have an newly unlocked S4 and have to send the one Samsung repaired to a department in Washington state.

I hope this phone doesn't have any issues because I am tired of all this mess.

Well at least you got it figured out

Oh my glad you were able to see what I meant. I did not proof read what I typed in Tapatalk. Hope this is not that wide spread of an issue. I now have a new phone and no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by shamelin73 View Post
    Oh my glad you were able to see what I meant. I did not proof read what I typed in Tapatalk. Hope this is not that wide spread of an issue. I now have a new phone and no issues.
    Lol OK I need to pick up the proof reading habit as I rarely use my computer anymore

Last edited by metle_geek; 04-23-2014 at 11:00 AM.