- 2 Posts
Google Directions - No App found
I'm new to smartphones. I have a Galaxy S4 thru AT&T.
I hit the "Google" search bar on the home page (just under the weather widget), and entered the name of a franchised business. The result was a list of retail stores. Each store has buttons for call & directions & website (if there is one). I hit "call", and the S4 loaded the "phone" page with the number already entered; so that function worked OK. I hit "directions" and got a popup "No app found to open URL." Google Maps was already loaded when I bought the S4, and it works fine. I would have thought that Maps would be automatically linked to the "directions" button in a Google search result list? I looked all over the menu settings and could not find anything about linking the Google search results to Google Maps. How do I link Google Maps (or any other navigation app) to the Google search list results?
- 03-19-2014, 03:41 PM #2
- 03-20-2014, 05:25 AM #4
- 10-26-2014, 10:27 AM #5
- 6 Posts
Re: Google Directions - No App found
I too have this problem. Both when I click on the map from any google searches, and when I click on Directions. How do we fix this? I have use my location enabled in search, chrome, and maps. This has been going on for a while. Note when I clear data for search it now goes through an add for google+ which I have not chosen. Does that break the search function?
- 10-26-2014, 10:28 AM #6
- By samxool in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 9Last Post: 03-16-2015, 11:33 AM
- By bathtubbuddy in forum LG Optimus LReplies: 3Last Post: 03-20-2014, 11:17 PM
- By Jason Bourne4 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 03-20-2014, 06:53 PM
- By qbcgraphics in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-19-2014, 10:30 AM
- By emayekayee in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 0Last Post: 03-19-2014, 08:08 AM