Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Directions - No App found

I'm new to smartphones. I have a Galaxy S4 thru AT&T.
    I hit the "Google" search bar on the home page (just under the weather widget), and entered the name of a franchised business. The result was a list of retail stores. Each store has buttons for call & directions & website (if there is one). I hit "call", and the S4 loaded the "phone" page with the number already entered; so that function worked OK. I hit "directions" and got a popup "No app found to open URL." Google Maps was already loaded when I bought the S4, and it works fine. I would have thought that Maps would be automatically linked to the "directions" button in a Google search result list? I looked all over the menu settings and could not find anything about linking the Google search results to Google Maps. How do I link Google Maps (or any other navigation app) to the Google search list results?

Default Re: Google Directions - No App found

on your Google Search settings, have you enabled "Use my Location"? maybe this could be help you get what you need.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

In both Google "Settings" and the main S4 menu, "Location" was set to allow present location.
    FWIW, in Google "Settings", "Connected Apps" shows no apps. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem...

No its inyegrated into google maps

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

I too have this problem. Both when I click on the map from any google searches, and when I click on Directions. How do we fix this? I have use my location enabled in search, chrome, and maps. This has been going on for a while. Note when I clear data for search it now goes through an add for google+ which I have not chosen. Does that break the search function?

Do you mean to say we must unlock something to make this work again? How do we get unlocked boot loaders? And how does that fix this issue?