Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Directions - No App found

I'm new to smartphones. I have a Galaxy S4 thru AT&T.
    I hit the "Google" search bar on the home page (just under the weather widget), and entered the name of a franchised business. The result was a list of retail stores. Each store has buttons for call & directions & website (if there is one). I hit "call", and the S4 loaded the "phone" page with the number already entered; so that function worked OK. I hit "directions" and got a popup "No app found to open URL." Google Maps was already loaded when I bought the S4, and it works fine. I would have thought that Maps would be automatically linked to the "directions" button in a Google search result list? I looked all over the menu settings and could not find anything about linking the Google search results to Google Maps. How do I link Google Maps (or any other navigation app) to the Google search list results?

Default Re: Google Directions - No App found

on your Google Search settings, have you enabled "Use my Location"? maybe this could be help you get what you need.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

In both Google "Settings" and the main S4 menu, "Location" was set to allow present location.
    FWIW, in Google "Settings", "Connected Apps" shows no apps. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem...

No its inyegrated into google maps

must have unlocked boot loaders!!