Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Default Phone doens't see the update?

My wife's galaxy S4 doesn't see the update. If I go to settings>more>about phone it says she is on 4.2.2. When I click on Software update and ask it to check for update, it says none is available. Isn't 4.4.2 available for the AT&T version? I have Verizon (same phone) and I know that only 4.3 is available. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

I am confused. What is the problem? Your wife has 4.2.2. It doesn't show a new update because that is the latest version. Did I understand your question right?

Edit: I don't mean to sound rude

Default Re: Phone doens't see the update?

Carriers release the updates at different times. While your phone from Verizon might have the update, your wife's phone from AT&T might not have it. I think not every phone from a carrier receives the updates at the same time also. I remember knowing some people here getting the SD card transfer update while others didnt.

Default Re: Phone doens't see the update?

You have to have the 4.3 update to get the kit kat it doesn't have the necessary files to let the kit kat build update your system

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app