Gallery: Sign-in Request

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had these obnoxious notifications appear regularly since updating to KitKat. App Info indicates that they are tied to Google Play Services. Does anyone know how to remove them permanently? Tx

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a picture of those? What is it asking you to sign into?

I'll try to. Google is requesting that I post pictures located in Gallery to a Picasa Web folder. I've clicked Cancel before after tapping on the notification icon, but when I access pictures on my phone again, I get the notification again.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh, OK... Try going into your Settings, Accounts, Google Account. There, you should find an option to Sync Picasa Web albums (and even Google+ Photos). Try unchecking whatever you're not using.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh, OK... Try going into your Settings, Accounts, Google Account. There, you should find an option to Sync Picasa Web albums (and even Google+ Photos). Try unchecking whatever you're not using.

Got it. I'll report back results. Tx much.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Got it. I'll report back results. Tx much.

Went into Settings/Accounts/Google. There was no option to sync/not sync Picasa or Google+ pictures.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Really? Well, you have to go into the account you're using... there you will see a bunch of stuff you can sync (or choose not to sync). Picasa might have been removed from KitKat but Google Photos MUST be there, Google is pushing that service hard.
2014-04-08-14-54-17.jpg

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Really? Well, you have to go into the account you're using... there you will see a bunch of stuff you can sync (or choose not to sync). Picasa might have been removed from KitKat but Google Photos MUST be there, Google is pushing that service hard.
View attachment 111462

My bad. I totally forgot to open the actual accounts. I don't use Gmail, Calendar, etc. as well as photos, Picasa so I unchecked most everything. Tx again

chick-droid

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. S4, Verizon, 4.4.2. The problem started when I upgraded to KitKat last week.

I have unchecked any sync with Photos type options (Picasa, etc). I have 4 google accounts on my phone and I still get the notifications for ALL 4 accounts that google wants to link my gallery to Picasa. I have also rebooted the phone, in case that mattered.

Any ideas what else to do?

soccerjo

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting these requests as well, and the picasa sync checkbox has been and still is unchecked. I tried rebooting, making sure all of my apps were up to date, and checking and unchecking the box. No change. There's always something that fills up my notification bar after each update. More suggestions would be appreciated.

Janir

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Getting ths same here. Except I have 8 accounts and only one is supposed to sync, the rest are email only and its annoying to get these messages every day.

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I had to turn off "Auto-Backup" under account settings and also go into the Gallery app setting and turn off sync settings under Accounts. I don't get the bifurcation anymore.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

wilez

May 19, 2014
Visit site
The phone was trying to sync Picasa photos in the Gallery.

Settings > Accounts > Google > You@gmail dot com > uncheck Sync Picasa Web Albums

If you have Picasa albums showing in your Gallery and would like to remove them, after the above steps, go to Application Manager > Gallery > Clear Cache

Zyriel

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I am encountering this issue as well, and the above did not resolve it.

I have 3 Google accounts, only 1 of which I would like to sync my photos with. I have almost all sync settings turned on for the main account. I have almost all sync settings turned off for the other two (in "Settings > Accounts > Google > ...").

On one of the accounts, I have only "Sync Calendar" and "Sync Gmail" checked so it is pretty clear that I do not have anything photo related trying to sync. Yet I'm still getting this notification for the two accounts that I specifically don't want to sync photos to. I've looked for settings in the "Gallery" app and there are none. When I respond to the notification there is only "Cancel" and "OK", there is no option to stop notifying me.

I'm new to Android. Where else should I be looking to tell it I don't want to turn this setting on and to stop asking me?

Editted to add: Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2

Last edited:

alexveksler

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think you are correct - the problem is with multiple accounts. I have 2 gmail accounts, but only one of them is set to sync with gallery. The sync is prompting me to sync with another account, where sync is turned off. UGH!

net gurney

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Picasa Update with KitKat 4.4.2: Google kept asking me to sign in to allow Gallery to access Picasa Web Albums. Despite saying "No" and removing the notification, it just came back every time.

To remove this notification.
1. Go into the Gallery (the stock gallery app) and hit the menu button (the capacitive button on the bottom left of the phone),
2. Go into Settings and tap my gmail address under "Accounts" at the top
3. Scroll down to the bottom of that list and unchecked "Sync Picasa Web Albums" .
Now the notification will stop appearing.

Samsung S3 4.4.2
Ng

oulela@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but, the problem happens when you have more than one gmail account. I personally have 4. One is synced with picasa. Works great. The other gmail accounts I have the picasa sync is turned off. But every 4 hours I get the sign in notification for the other three. Annoying! Or, every time I open gallery I instantly get the sign in notifications.
I mean, I guess I can just go ahead and sign in to the other three. But why should a have to!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12