Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gallery: Sign-in Request

I've had these obnoxious notifications appear regularly since updating to KitKat. App Info indicates that they are tied to Google Play Services. Does anyone know how to remove them permanently? Tx

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: Gallery: Sign-in Request

Can you post a picture of those? What is it asking you to sign into?
    Nigartwity likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Can you post a picture of those? What is it asking you to sign into?
    I'll try to. Google is requesting that I post pictures located in Gallery to a Picasa Web folder. I've clicked Cancel before after tapping on the notification icon, but when I access pictures on my phone again, I get the notification again.

Oh, OK... Try going into your Settings, Accounts, Google Account. There, you should find an option to Sync Picasa Web albums (and even Google+ Photos). Try unchecking whatever you're not using.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Oh, OK... Try going into your Settings, Accounts, Google Account. There, you should find an option to Sync Picasa Web albums (and even Google+ Photos). Try unchecking whatever you're not using.
    Got it. I'll report back results. Tx much.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by randun View Post
    Got it. I'll report back results. Tx much.

Went into Settings/Accounts/Google. There was no option to sync/not sync Picasa or Google+ pictures.

Really? Well, you have to go into the account you're using... there you will see a bunch of stuff you can sync (or choose not to sync). Picasa might have been removed from KitKat but Google Photos MUST be there, Google is pushing that service hard.
    Gallery: Sign-in Request-2014-04-08-14-54-17.jpg
    yojake, Kalwren and Nigartwity like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Really? Well, you have to go into the account you're using... there you will see a bunch of stuff you can sync (or choose not to sync). Picasa might have been removed from KitKat but Google Photos MUST be there, Google is pushing that service hard.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-04-08-14-54-17.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	111462
    My bad. I totally forgot to open the actual accounts. I don't use Gmail, Calendar, etc. as well as photos, Picasa so I unchecked most everything. Tx again

Kalwren, bobmac1547 and Andy847 like this.

I assume that cleared your problem, right? I'm just curious :P hehe
    Nigartwity likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I assume that cleared your problem, right? I'm just curious :P hehe
    It most definitely did!

SpookDroid likes this.

I have the same problem. S4, Verizon, 4.4.2. The problem started when I upgraded to KitKat last week.

I have unchecked any sync with Photos type options (Picasa, etc). I have 4 google accounts on my phone and I still get the notifications for ALL 4 accounts that google wants to link my gallery to Picasa. I have also rebooted the phone, in case that mattered.

Any ideas what else to do?

I'm getting these requests as well, and the picasa sync checkbox has been and still is unchecked. I tried rebooting, making sure all of my apps were up to date, and checking and unchecking the box. No change. There's always something that fills up my notification bar after each update. More suggestions would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Getting ths same here. Except I have 8 accounts and only one is supposed to sync, the rest are email only and its annoying to get these messages every day.

I had to turn off "Auto-Backup" under account settings and also go into the Gallery app setting and turn off sync settings under Accounts. I don't get the bifurcation anymore.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

The phone was trying to sync Picasa photos in the Gallery.

Settings > Accounts > Google > You@gmail dot com > uncheck Sync Picasa Web Albums

If you have Picasa albums showing in your Gallery and would like to remove them, after the above steps, go to Application Manager > Gallery > Clear Cache

I am encountering this issue as well, and the above did not resolve it.

I have 3 Google accounts, only 1 of which I would like to sync my photos with. I have almost all sync settings turned on for the main account. I have almost all sync settings turned off for the other two (in "Settings > Accounts > Google > ...").

On one of the accounts, I have only "Sync Calendar" and "Sync Gmail" checked so it is pretty clear that I do not have anything photo related trying to sync. Yet I'm still getting this notification for the two accounts that I specifically don't want to sync photos to. I've looked for settings in the "Gallery" app and there are none. When I respond to the notification there is only "Cancel" and "OK", there is no option to stop notifying me.

I'm new to Android. Where else should I be looking to tell it I don't want to turn this setting on and to stop asking me?

Editted to add: Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2

I think you are correct - the problem is with multiple accounts. I have 2 gmail accounts, but only one of them is set to sync with gallery. The sync is prompting me to sync with another account, where sync is turned off. UGH!

Thank you. This worked for me as well.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Active.

Picasa Update with KitKat 4.4.2: Google kept asking me to sign in to allow Gallery to access Picasa Web Albums. Despite saying "No" and removing the notification, it just came back every time.

To remove this notification.
    1. Go into the Gallery (the stock gallery app) and hit the menu button (the capacitive button on the bottom left of the phone),
    2. Go into Settings and tap my gmail address under "Accounts" at the top
    3. Scroll down to the bottom of that list and unchecked "Sync Picasa Web Albums" .
    Now the notification will stop appearing.

Samsung S3 4.4.2
    Ng
    WrlsFanatic likes this.

Yes, but, the problem happens when you have more than one gmail account. I personally have 4. One is synced with picasa. Works great. The other gmail accounts I have the picasa sync is turned off. But every 4 hours I get the sign in notification for the other three. Annoying! Or, every time I open gallery I instantly get the sign in notifications.
    I mean, I guess I can just go ahead and sign in to the other three. But why should a have to!

Quote Originally Posted by net gurney View Post
    Picasa Update with KitKat 4.4.2: Google kept asking me to sign in to allow Gallery to access Picasa Web Albums. Despite saying "No" and removing the notification, it just came back every time.

To remove this notification.
    1. Go into the Gallery (the stock gallery app) and hit the menu button (the capacitive button on the bottom left of the phone),
    2. Go into Settings and tap my gmail address under "Accounts" at the top
    3. Scroll down to the bottom of that list and unchecked "Sync Picasa Web Albums" .
    Now the notification will stop appearing.

Samsung S3 4.4.2
    Ng
    I also have a Galaxy S3 running 4.4.2 and this worked. When I went into my account settings through the normal method I was getting nowhere. I did have to restart my phone afterwards to get it to take.

I came here with this same issue, and this was definitely the fix for me.
    EDIT: I didn't properly quote the original comment, but it was SpookDroids fix (the 3 post on this thread, I believe).

Thank you good people of the Internets! I always "google" the answer for a problem and voila! the good people of the internets always answer. I felt I really needed to thank you (and "you") and not just silently take and take. :-) Hopefully this works! The signin error was driving me batty!

Thank you from me as well. Un-synked and now not asked to sign in, yay!

Posted via Android Central App

Same here!
    Joined up to say thankyou for the solution regarding the singup notification problem,
    Cheers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast