Deleting Apps

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so.....I have a rooted GS4 (I337UCUEMK2) with a bunch of apps I've frozen with Titanium Backup. They appear as "turned off" in app manager.
I'm wondering If I delete what I have turned off, will my GS4 perform as it did with the apps just turned off.
I do a backup with Titanium then freeze apps. I've run my GS4 for a cpl months with these apps frozen/turned off, now I wanna delete them.
I've read & researched as much as I have time for & this seems to be the way to go. I still haven't figured out how to get TWRP on it so I can load 4.4....
Any suggestions???? Thnx in advance

Last edited:

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so.....I have a rooted GS4 (I337UCUEMK2) with a bunch of apps I've frozen with Titanium Backup. They appear as "turned off" in app manager.
I'm wondering If I delete what I have turned off, will my GS4 perform as it did with the apps just turned off.
I do a backup with Titanium then freeze apps. I've run my GS4 for a cpl months with these apps frozen/turned off, now I wanna delete them.
I've read & researched as much as I have time for & this seems to be the way to go. I still haven't figured out how to get TWRP on it so I can load 4.4....
Any suggestions???? Thnx in advance

I guess what I'm asking is....is it safe to delete apps that have been frozen, or off for a while?
Anybody???? Nobody????

xisruno

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I would if they have been frozen and not giving you any problems. As of right not you can go back to stock if you needed to.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would if they have been frozen and not giving you any problems. As of right not you can go back to stock if you needed to.

Thnx man....I pretty much knew that, I just thought id throw it out there.
I've actually tried to go back to stock but couldn't. I wanted to load kitkat but heard a lot of negative things about it, so I'm glad I had difficulty going back. I'm just deleting all the apps I had frozen. ....thnx for the input!!!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Thnx man....I pretty much knew that, I just thought id throw it out there.
I've actually tried to go back to stock but couldn't. I wanted to load kitkat but heard a lot of negative things about it, so I'm glad I had difficulty going back. I'm just deleting all the apps I had frozen. ....thnx for the input!!!

Depends tho if it's bloat ware they baked in most likely not but real system apps that's a different story

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Depends tho if it's bloat ware they baked in most likely not but real system apps that's a different story

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

I don't mess w/system files, if that's what u mean. Sammy makes it pretty ***** proof. Apps that don't affect the system, you're able to stop & turn off. If they affect the of, the option isn't available. Titanium Backup highlights those apps in blue so u know the apps you've stopped. Thnx for the input on kind of a meaningless thread.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos