Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default help !!s4 won't turn on after charging

    Hey everyone!

    My Galaxy S4 all of a sudden decided to not turn on this morning. I was using it last night, it was working fine, and now won't turn on. I searched around the forums and internet little bit, but didn't find anything that worked for me. And I'm only one person, so I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere.

    I have tranother charging cable, and another battery. When the phone is plugged to charge, neither the red LED indicating charging shows, or the green LED indicating a full charge.*

    Also - the phone gets hot when trying to charge - hotter than it ever should.*

    I've tried:
    Using different charging cablesHolding power/home/vol up for reset screen. No vibration or samsung logo ever happensHolding power/home/vol down for download mode. never happensHolding power with no battery in to get rid of any charge.i have no warranty and i trying to understand if the problem is from motherboard or from something else
    Last edited by stratos tsamouris; 04-23-2014 at 02:40 AM. Reason: s4 problem.help
  2. #2  

    Default Re: help !!s4 won't turn on after charging

    Quote Originally Posted by stratos tsamouris View Post
    Hey everyone!

    My Galaxy S4 all of a sudden decided to not turn on this morning. I was using it last night, it was working fine, and now won't turn on. I searched around the forums and internet little bit, but didn't find anything that worked for me. And I'm only one person, so I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere.

    I have tranother charging cable, and another battery. When the phone is plugged to charge, neither the red LED indicating charging shows, or the green LED indicating a full charge.*

    Also - the phone gets hot when trying to charge - hotter than it ever should.*

    I've tried:
    Using different charging cablesHolding power/home/vol up for reset screen. No vibration or samsung logo ever happensHolding power/home/vol down for download mode. never happensHolding power with no battery in to get rid of any charge.i have no warranty and i trying to understand if the problem is from motherboard or from something else
    The same thing happened to One last week. They had to replace it. Luckily there were 11 days remaining on the warranty.


    Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: help !!s4 won't turn on after charging

    Quote Originally Posted by REHolt218 View Post
    The same thing happened to One last week. They had to replace it. Luckily there were 11 days remaining on the warranty.


    Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Can you tell me what was the problem?im suspcpicious that was motherboard

    Sent from my GT-P5200 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: help !!s4 won't turn on after charging

    Quote Originally Posted by stratos tsamouris View Post
    Can you tell me what was the problem?im suspcpicious that was motherboard

    Sent from my GT-P5200 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, my IS department at work took care of it and they never told me what the problem was.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  5. #5  

    Default Re: help !!s4 won't turn on after charging

    Quote Originally Posted by stratos tsamouris View Post
    Hey everyone!

    My Galaxy S4 all of a sudden decided to not turn on this morning. I was using it last night, it was working fine, and now won't turn on. I searched around the forums and internet little bit, but didn't find anything that worked for me. And I'm only one person, so I'm sure the answer is out there somewhere.

    I have tranother charging cable, and another battery. When the phone is plugged to charge, neither the red LED indicating charging shows, or the green LED indicating a full charge.*

    Also - the phone gets hot when trying to charge - hotter than it ever should.*

    I've tried:
    Using different charging cablesHolding power/home/vol up for reset screen. No vibration or samsung logo ever happensHolding power/home/vol down for download mode. never happensHolding power with no battery in to get rid of any charge.i have no warranty and i trying to understand if the problem is from motherboard or from something else
    You probobly have a dead cell in the battery if it's getting that hot the internal safety won't let it turn on so it won't fry itself you need to replace that battery ASAP as it can simply explode you have been warned

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. After KK update Power Button ends Call no matter selected or not
    By somenothingness in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 06:39 PM
  2. Gear Fit: Running on HTC M8 ask away
    By whitenessj in forum Samsung Gear Fit
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 01:04 PM
  3. Battery not as great...
    By abbzys24 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 09:09 PM
  4. using note 3 charger on htc one m8?
    By The Royaloak in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 04:43 PM
  5. HTC One M8 Color availability on different carriers?
    By Lonestaroc in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 01:34 AM

Posting Permissions