Galaxy s4 sound

jcho17

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Good afternoon/morning/evening,

I have a galaxy s4 and the sound turns off, but the interesting thing is I switched it on. To get sound back I have to restart the device but after 5 minutes the sound is gone but in the notification bar it says sound is on. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Is this a hardware failure?:(

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
So your system/notification sound isn't working?? Do you have the speaker icon in the notification bar with a line through it??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398537195423.jpg
    1398537195423.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 18

jcho17

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have it set to have the sound on meaning no vibrate no mute, just sound. But I don't have sound when it's set to sound. The only way I have to make it have sound is to restart it but then again after 5 minutes the same thing happens..it doesn't give me any sound.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you tryed to go to settings my device sound and looking at the individual volumes??

Attachments

• 1398643405051.jpg
    1398643405051.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 13

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Ota over the air update did you get a kit kat update or a boot loader update?

tanveer2

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a very serious problem. Recently I have been flashing a lot of ROMs on my phone but I did not like any of the custom ROMs as there wasnt any good ones as I actually liked the apps that came with the stock ROM. So I decided to go back to stock ROM but i found it really hard to find the stock ROMs and after a while of searching I found a stock ROM where i have to flash with ODIN. The file came with four files which I had to flash with ODIN v3.09. It came with files that I had to put into the AP, BL, CP and CSC. I did that but then it failed, then retried without the BL because it kept making it fail and it flashed perfectly but then I noticed that there wasn't any sound what so ever. Any app that uses the speakers would crash, even trying to call someone. Even the microphone did not work. When i went onto S Voice it would say that another app was using the microphone when it wasnt and when i tried playing music it would say that file is not supported by the player and keep going to the next one when it was supported before the flash. So I got really worried and decided to go back to the google edition 4.4.2 ROM that i flashed before but now after I flashed that, there wasnt any sound even though there was sound on that ROM when i used it before. I dont know what i did wrong and what i can do to fix this problem or is it even repairable. I checked some other threads and they said to flash stock ROM with odin with the pit files it will work again but im not sure which stock rom should i flash or what to do exactly because i have flashed so many ROMs already and the problem still remains.