Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s4 sound

Good afternoon/morning/evening,

I have a galaxy s4 and the sound turns off, but the interesting thing is I switched it on. To get sound back I have to restart the device but after 5 minutes the sound is gone but in the notification bar it says sound is on. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Is this a hardware failure?

Default Re: Galaxy s4 sound

So your system/notification sound isn't working?? Do you have the speaker icon in the notification bar with a line through it??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy s4 sound-1398537195423.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have it set to have the sound on meaning no vibrate no mute, just sound. But I don't have sound when it's set to sound. The only way I have to make it have sound is to restart it but then again after 5 minutes the same thing happens..it doesn't give me any sound.

That's odd

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I know it's extremely odd...I've never experienced this..ever

Have you tryed to go to settings my device sound and looking at the individual volumes??

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy s4 sound-1398643405051.jpg  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah I did all that, they are all on.

Did you download a new app and this started??

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I really don't know..I don't think it was an app...it just started to mute itself when I turned the sound on

Did you flash an ota??

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

What does that mean?

Ota over the air update did you get a kit kat update or a boot loader update?

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

No kitkat camewith my phone when I got it replaced because my old phone had a Camera issue

Same here. Happened after the update this morning... Wtf?

Sounds like a bug have you tryed calling sansung?

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by sheena813 View Post
    Same here. Happened after the update this morning... Wtf?
    If you go to your service provider...they will give you a new phone...I just got a replacement today because of the sound..

I have a very serious problem. Recently I have been flashing a lot of ROMs on my phone but I did not like any of the custom ROMs as there wasnt any good ones as I actually liked the apps that came with the stock ROM. So I decided to go back to stock ROM but i found it really hard to find the stock ROMs and after a while of searching I found a stock ROM where i have to flash with ODIN. The file came with four files which I had to flash with ODIN v3.09. It came with files that I had to put into the AP, BL, CP and CSC. I did that but then it failed, then retried without the BL because it kept making it fail and it flashed perfectly but then I noticed that there wasn't any sound what so ever. Any app that uses the speakers would crash, even trying to call someone. Even the microphone did not work. When i went onto S Voice it would say that another app was using the microphone when it wasnt and when i tried playing music it would say that file is not supported by the player and keep going to the next one when it was supported before the flash. So I got really worried and decided to go back to the google edition 4.4.2 ROM that i flashed before but now after I flashed that, there wasnt any sound even though there was sound on that ROM when i used it before. I dont know what i did wrong and what i can do to fix this problem or is it even repairable. I checked some other threads and they said to flash stock ROM with odin with the pit files it will work again but im not sure which stock rom should i flash or what to do exactly because i have flashed so many ROMs already and the problem still remains.