Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4.2 Update, Getting rid of Lockscreen Apps

I recently updated to 4.4.2 and I am having an issue with my lockscreen.
    For some reason, the WatchON app is now on my lockscreen instead of the date and time.
    If I go into Settings > Lock Screen > Lock screen widgets, the "Clock or personal message" option is set to "Personal Message", and the edit view of the personal message is the way I want it (with the clock and stuff). The "Favorite apps or Camera" option is set to ON, and it is disabled for editing. I assume I have to turn that off to get rid of the app, but it's locked, so I don't know what to do.
    My phone is synced up with my work email. When I synced it up, my work required me to set a lockscreen pin and other security stuff. Could that be the reason the option to remove the apps is locked? If so, how would I unlock it so I can turn the feature off?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: 4.4.2 Update, Getting rid of Lockscreen Apps

Ok, an update to this:
    I managed to turn off the "Favorite apps or Camera" setting by:
    1. removing my work email and removing the email app as a security administrator.
    2. Turning on "Multiple Widgets".
    3. Going to "Lock screen widgets", where it now had the option to turn off apps enabled
    (that has got to be the most stupid process ever for turning that off)

Unfortunately, the problem still exists. I tried to go to an AT&T store today to get some advice, but the Lock Screen was back to it's good old self, with the WatchON app gone. Then when I got home, the fricken WatchON app decided to take over my Lock Screen again. After a bit, I realized that for some stupid reason, Google (or possibly Samsung or AT&T, who knows) came up with the idea of tying the Lock Screen apps to the wifi signal. So, if I'm on my home wifi, the WatchON app takes over the Lock Screen and there is nothing I can do about it. If I turn the wifi off, or go anywhere else (with different wifi), the Lock Screen acts like I want it to.
    Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't take it to the store and complain if I can only reproduce the problem at home...

Just a thought... have phone forget home wifi. Restart phone. Then add home wifi back. There is a thread about the lock screen... have to turn that part off.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It was a bug with the WatchOn app. Peel released an update a day or two ago which resolves the issue.