Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Messaging Charges?

I just received the following email message from AT&T:

Our systems have detected that you have already accumulated over $20 in messaging charges this month. Based on your current usage, you could reduce your messaging charges by subscribing to a monthly plan. As a valued customer, we are sending you this email to make you aware that messaging plans are available that would help to make your bill more predictable.

I thought text messages were part of my data plan. I also do not text very much. Also, I will do without if there are no other options......

Is there services or app where I can text for free? Other ways to avoid the above and still be able to text once in a while??

Default Re: Messaging Charges?

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    We bought two of them off EBay (Thanks, Mr. Anonymous!) and I had to drive two hours both ways to get them at 1am. Fun times.

It was a good thing we did it that way, though, because we don't live in a 3G area and they wouldn't have been sold at local stores.
    Probably a bogus text. Check your plan before you do anyrhing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am not going to pay AT&T an additional $20 a month for unlimited texting. I also don't want to pay for texting, since I consider it an optional activity. Therefore I decided to set up texting through Comcast Xfinity which, apparently, is part of my service. Seems to do the job.......

Quote Originally Posted by tem#AC View Post
    I am not going to pay AT&T an additional $20 a month for unlimited texting. I also don't want to pay for texting, since I consider it an optional activity. Therefore I decided to set up texting through Comcast Xfinity which, apparently, is part of my service. Seems to do the job.......
    I wasn't suggesting you pay AT&T anything extra. You said you "thought unlimited texting was part of your plan". I was suggesting that you may be right and that the message was bogus.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Stupid me did not realize that it was not part of my plan. I thought texting was like email and included. It sucks that they charge extra (and so much) for texting. It would be $20 a month to add unlimited texting to one phone. Not worth it for me..... Especially since I can use my Comcast digital phone number to text, which is included.

Yep carriers make alot on texting plans.. It costs them really nothing to send em.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Yea sadly they don't offer the 500 text for $5 ANY MORE items unlimited or 10 cents a text

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app