Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wi-Fi Problem, Help Plz!!

For a while now, my wi-fi for my samsung galaxy s4 has been weird. My house has a secured Wi-Fi network, so anytime i'm at home, the wi-fi is completely fine. So whenever I leave my house like when i'm going out or whatever, my phone automatically goes to AT&T's 4G LTE Wi-Fi everytime. Lets say if theres a Optimum wi fi around and I try to connect to it, it only works for like 2 mins or so and then it kicks me out and goes back to AT&T's wi fi. Another example would be if im in school, and I try to use the school's wi-fi, it only works for a few minutes and then once again, kicks me right out and forces me to use the 4G LTE. So what I did was go I went into Settings>More Networks>Mobile Networks, and then I turned off the mobile data option. This fixed everything I was having a problem with before. I now don't get kicked out of other wi-fi networks, whenever i'm out I can connect to other wi-fi's, etc. However, the NEW problem is that I can't send pictures, use the internet, can't accept text messages with pictures, etc. How can I fix this whole problem so that my phone can automatically stop using AT&T's Wi-Fi everytime I go out, and I can still use the mobile data? Please help, this is so frustrating i'm going insane haha thank you

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts

Default Re: Wi-Fi Problem, Help Plz!!

That will happen when you do not log in and accept the terms of the WiFi you are logging into. Sometimes, if a notification does not come up I open my browser and it just goes to the "Accept/Decline" page.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by johnling View Post
    That will happen when you do not log in and accept the terms of the WiFi you are logging into. Sometimes, if a notification does not come up I open my browser and it just goes to the "Accept/Decline" page.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    It doesn't give me the option to accept/decline though. When I connect to a Wi-Fi, i just sign in with a username, password, etc and thats it, i'm connected.

So ive had galaxy for ATT for bit and now its telling me a need to update to download apps. But to do this it says i must be connected to wifi, but for some
    reason my phone will not connect to my wifi. but since im online with att network so i can surf web and such why cant i just download update using that?
    why is android as **** as apple now with the damn lockdowns, so i pay for internet,phone,wirelessbill, but i cant download their update using it hhhmmm this
    is really pissing me off on a new level. can anyone help before i trash this phone for windows?