Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rome58
  • 1 Post By Grandjaace
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default cant send text messages

Galaxy S4 on at&t with 4.42

I recently ran across this issue where I keep getting message failed everytime I try to send a message. I have disabled at&t messaging app I also have checked the message center number is correct butni still can not sent messages
    vavavavoom likes this.

Default Re: cant send text messages

If you had at&t message center you gotta call them to remove your number for it because it will only send/receive text via that app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Had same problem for a few days. I had inadvertently changed message center number in phone. When I typed it back in, I failed to include a + sign in front of the number. The folks at AT&T were very helpful and knew exactly what it was. Now I can send text messages again. Hope this helps someone else.
    vavavavoom likes this.

I did the same thing but now I can't remember the original message center number. I tried putting the plus sign in front of my cell phone number (I'm using the ATT phone to use Cricket sim card) but the messages are still not going through. Everything was working fine until I changed that stinkin number *argh*...do I need to somehow get the original message center number back on there? I tried a factory reset, but that didn't even get it back. Help! Thanks!

Ok I found a generic message center number that solves this problem as long as you use it exactly with the + sign: The common message center number provisioned on all AT&T SIM cards nationally is +13123149810. Multiple Message Center Numbers are available for each region; however, each will function the same regardless of what is chosen. If there are problems using the national message center number, please contact AT&T Customer Service for wireless customers for an alternate number.

Former AT&T Wireless Customers

All former AT&T Wireless Customers use +19703769301 nationally.

IMPORTANT: A plus "+" sign MUST precede the 11-digit message center number in order for SMS to function.