Won't connect to mobile network unless I make phone call

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all.
I just acquired the GS4 ATT L337 and am using it on METRO PCS. All is well with the phone except one small issue. When I switch OFF the wifi, The phone will not connect to the 4gLTE (or anything else) and give me data service unless I make a quick phone call. Once I end the phone call the 4g data symbol will show up and I can send and receive data. Ive looked in the settings and have changed some in hopes that it was a setting that wasn't correct but have had no luck

Help appreciated!

Mike G

Last edited:

BopCatan

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the exact same issue since I updated to 4.4.2. It started out as intermittent and has progressively gotten worse. I have not had any mobile connection at all today.

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like an APN issue. I am not really sure what the APN setting you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello all.
I just acquired the GS4 ATT L337 and am using it on METRO PCS. All is well with the phone except one small issue. When I switch OFF the wifi, The phone will not connect to the 4gLTE (or anything else) and give me data service unless I make a quick phone call. Once I end the phone call the 4g data symbol will show up and I can send and receive data. Ive looked in the settings and have changed some in hopes that it was a setting that wasn't correct but have had no luck

Help appreciated!

Mike G

Did you update your apn to connect?? Also metro is primarily a cdma carrier is the data spectrum even compatible?? These are the things you must look at and consider when going open prepaid may I suggest straight talk or att prepaid kricket?? At&t just bought them and should be compatible t mobile??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you update your apn to connect?? Also metro is primarily a cdma carrier is the data spectrum even compatible?? These are the things you must look at and consider when going open prepaid may I suggest straight talk or att prepaid kricket?? At&t just bought them and should be compatible t mobile??

All I did was enter an sim unlock code. Then called METRO, gave them my IMEI number.. They provisioned the phone and everything worked fine from there except this small hiccup. The APN settings seem to have been automatically entered.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Must of taken a while to take effect?? Sometimes it takes a reboot or 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie