Phone keeps dropping cell service

movieguyabw

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S4, and for the most part really have enjoyed it. However, I've noticed that it will routinely lose cell service for seemingly no reason. And once the reception is lost, I will not receive it again until I restart the phone. I've been looking online for how to fix this, and have been pretty aggravated to find that the only advice anyone ever gives is to go into the mobile networks section of the settings, and change the Network Operators. However, whenever I go into Network Operators, rather than the different options people keep talking about, I only have one option: Default. And it's greyed out, and unable to click.

Last night I downloaded an app which is designed to alert me when I lose signal, that way I at least know when I need to restart my phone, so as not to go the whole day missing calls and texts. Today, however, I found that despite having the app running, I still lost service. Never got an alert, and ended up not realizing for about 2 hours. When I restarted I had a handful of texts from different people flood my inbox. Most of them had been sent around the time I lost my signal.

Does anyone have any advice, other than going in to the settings - mobile networks - network operators? Or can some one at least explain why I have only one greyed out option, while everyone always talks of seeing multiple options in there? I like the phone, I just really need to stop losing signal all day long. :\

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My phone received a small firmware update recently and I have had that problem ever since the update. I'm going to try a restore.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S4, and for the most part really have enjoyed it. However, I've noticed that it will routinely lose cell service for seemingly no reason. And once the reception is lost, I will not receive it again until I restart the phone. I've been looking online for how to fix this, and have been pretty aggravated to find that the only advice anyone ever gives is to go into the mobile networks section of the settings, and change the Network Operators. However, whenever I go into Network Operators, rather than the different options people keep talking about, I only have one option: Default. And it's greyed out, and unable to click.

Last night I downloaded an app which is designed to alert me when I lose signal, that way I at least know when I need to restart my phone, so as not to go the whole day missing calls and texts. Today, however, I found that despite having the app running, I still lost service. Never got an alert, and ended up not realizing for about 2 hours. When I restarted I had a handful of texts from different people flood my inbox. Most of them had been sent around the time I lost my signal.

Does anyone have any advice, other than going in to the settings - mobile networks - network operators? Or can some one at least explain why I have only one greyed out option, while everyone always talks of seeing multiple options in there? I like the phone, I just really need to stop losing signal all day long. :\

What's the tower strength before it looses signal?? If it's 1 or 2 bars then it's out of range of a tower if it's full bar to nothing you have a bad modem you must find the tar files for your modem and reflash it over odin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
What's the tower strength before it looses signal?? If it's 1 or 2 bars then it's out of range of a tower if it's full bar to nothing you have a bad modem you must find the tar files for your modem and reflash it over odin
To get that other option you must change your apn and you must put a lock screen pass code to do it otherwise this will be greyed out as at&t doesn't want you messing with these settings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers