Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do all new GS4 screens show yellowish white?

I bought a used Galaxy S4 and whenever I view a page with a white background, the white looks yellowish, if viewed straight from above (at 90 degrees above the screen). If I view it at skewed angle (about 30 degrees above the screen) the yellow disappears and the white becomes proper white.

Is that typical for AMOLED screens? Do they all come yellowish or they become yellower with longer use and burn in?
    Also is it possible to correct that with "Trinity Colors"?

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Do all new GS4 screens show yellowish white?

Quote Originally Posted by horangeh View Post
    I bought a used Galaxy S4 and whenever I view a page with a white background, the white looks yellowish, if viewed straight from above (at 90 degrees above the screen). If I view it at skewed angle (about 30 degrees above the screen) the yellow disappears and the white becomes proper white.

Is that typical for AMOLED screens? Do they all come yellowish or they become yellower with longer use and burn in?
    Also is it possible to correct that with "Trinity Colors"?
    My wife has an S4 and her screen is fine...awesome as an AMOLED screen is supposed to be. My S5 is the same...no issues.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Do all new GS4 screens show yellowish white?

I bought a brand new Galaxy S3 from target and it had the same yellow white that goes to normal white if viewed at sharper angle (not perpendicularly). I've yet have to see an S4 with correct white.

Can't understand what's so great about AMOLED screen when not a single phone with one of those I've seen (S3, S4, or S5) has a correct white white .... Seems quite a few people fall prey of the stupid Samsung hype