Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contact Mess!

My contacts are syncing with God knows what. I have repeats and incorrect information that reverts when I try to correct it. Basically I want the contacts (Google I guess) under the green phone dialer icon to be my master contacts. All other accounts I need to feed from that and nothing else add to it or change anything. I can I figure out how to do this?

Default Re: Contact Mess!

Do you have any other apps syncing contacts?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Quote Originally Posted by tem#AC View Post
    My contacts are syncing with God knows what. I have repeats and incorrect information that reverts when I try to correct it. Basically I want the contacts (Google I guess) under the green phone dialer icon to be my master contacts. All other accounts I need to feed from that and nothing else add to it or change anything. I can I figure out how to do this?
    I have the same! Problem. Seems like there are three or four different contact lists and calendars. Google, Samsung and whatever program I am using to Sync each have there own list and different programs put information in different lists. I would like to Ger rid of everything except my Google account so that I have it allow consolidated in one list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    Do you have any other apps syncing contacts?
    Maybe. Hard to tell. This is a contact list that was started years ago with Outlook (the Office version). There are dead people on the list that I cannot seem to delete!

Quote Originally Posted by tem#AC View Post
    Maybe. Hard to tell. This is a contact list that was started years ago with Outlook (the Office version). There are dead people on the list that I cannot seem to delete!
    Maybe go into Settings then under Accounts and see if anything there is listed as syncing contacts?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."