Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question (S4) Phone is unresponsive {Possible Overcharge?}

My S4 hasn't been unresponsive for a few days now, and whether i charge it, take out the battery, or hold down buttons, nothing seems to be working. I believe I may have overcharged my battery, it was basically full at around 10 pm and I plugged it in and let it charge til 6:30 am and when I tried to turn it on it was unresponsive. I don't know what's wrong and I was wondering if there was any other solution than buying a new battery, as funds are low and some are pretty expensive for my current budget. Thanks for any and all help.

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: (S4) Phone is unresponsive {Possible Overcharge?}

Welcome to AC
    You can't overcharge your battery. Once it reaches 100% the phone stops taking a charge.
    Are you able to boot into download or recovery mode? With the phone off, hold volume up + home + power for a few seconds (for recovery mode)
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: (S4) Phone is unresponsive {Possible Overcharge?}

Thank you for that reply. It will solve an ongoing discussion. I am a high quadriplegic and cannot move my arms or hands, so I am using galaxy S4 with dragon mobile assistant as I can always call for help. To power that S4 during the day I use a system designed to use the wheelchair batteries, and then plug it into the wall during the night. Several of my friends have told me that I'm going to ruin my phone charging at all the time. So now I get to stick out my tongue and wiggle my fingers at them so to speak. :-) I am really new at this smartphone and voice combined, and have really enjoyed reading through several (100's) posts.