S-Voice Drive Mode Gone with Last Update

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone else confirm that S Voice Drive Mode is gone with the latest update? I know there is "Hands Free Mode" but that is not the same thing. This feature was very useful for me when driving so messages would be read out to me. Now it is nowhere to be found.

Also, may be related since Drive Mode was integrated to S Voice, now S Voice does not work when using Mobile Data. It only works on Wifi. It complains of No Network Connection.

Edit: I called ATT but they dont know what is going on. They could not confirm if it was or was not removed and referred me back to Samsung.

Edit: ATT & Samsung confirmed that S Voice Drive Mode was removed. We are only left with Hands Free Mode. So I guess ATT is protecting us from ourselves. I know they have an aggressive don't text and drive campaign right now but this would actually cause the reverse effect. Not to mention they are not allowing me to make that decision. I was able to drive and text using speech before and now I cant. It would automatically turn on and off as I got out of the car. I already found a workaround but it is not as smooth. As far as S Voice not working when in Mobile, I was able to resolve that by defaulting the APN settings.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888