I can't update my phone to 4.4.2

brebreon

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy s4 unlocked that will work with any carrier. I have the phone for almost a month now. I got this system update for my phone to update it to 4.4.2 but every time it finishes updating and the phone restarts, I get this message popup saying "install interrupted the software update could not be installed". I then went to check to see if my phone is rooted and it said its not. Is there any other ways to get my phone to stop saying "install interrupted"? please hlep..

anedge

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
You need to wipe the cache partition. You need to go into system recovery to do this. Shut the phone down completely and wait a minute or two. Press and hold the volume up rocker, power button and home screen button simultaneously and release all at the same time when the Samsung logo appears ( about 2-3seconds). You will boot into recovery mode. Use the volume down key to highlight the "wipe cache partition" and then press the power button to initiate. It should automatically highlight "reboot system now" after it does its job. Press power button and it will reboot the system. Then try your update
You will not lose anything by wiping your cache partition. If that doesn't work, go back into recovery mode and do a wipe data/ factory reset. Keep in mind that you will lose everything, so back up all in Kies and don't forget to remove your sd card if you have one...in most cases the wiping of the cache partition will work and most definitely a factory reset should. Let me know how it goes, good luck JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress