KitKat 4.4.4 GS4 Update Issues

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Please reply with your issues so that maybe we can consolidate item.

1) Email App-doesn't function correctly. Repeatedly received messages that app has stopped.
2) Battery drain has been more rapid.
3) YouTube app keeps spooling and takes forever to watch.
4) App Drawer icon stuck in middle of screen.

These are issues that my wife and I have experienced as we both have a GS4. I have already logged a support call which AT&T has followed up on but not resolved.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

TerieV

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
My husband and I have the same issues. Also, I have problems with messages not loading. It seemed like everything slowed down too. Did they do this update to make us want to get new phones? It won't be a Samsung or with AT&T if I do. Very frustrating. Calling customer service is a huge waste of time.

kbench80

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Navigation in Google maps is having major issues for me after the upgrade. It seems to initially find my location and destination just fine, and creates a route fine, but when I try to navigate it can't find a GPS signal. I tried switching up the location settings, but nothing has made it better. I need to do some driving for work soon and really hope to be able to use my navigation and not hear "GPS Signal Lost"

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Issues I am having:

Android System now uses more battery than screen about four days out of five. This is unusual.
LTE connectivity is weak unless I'm out in a really strong antenna neighborhood, and antenna area gets hot when phone kicks over to regular 4G.
Stock email app now tells me at least once per day that signin to email has failed because server password has changed (I have Verizon email). Server password is not changed but I have to re-log in.
About every third day, at phone startup I see a message "Unfortunately the TouchWiz Home somethingorother has stopped." When I click OK the phone continues as usual.

I think this is it for me. I tweeted AT&TCares per someone's suggestion about the TouchWiz error and never got an answer. I'm getting sick of this phone but am stuck with it for nine more months.

bobmurray1212

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issues. I did a factory restart with my S4. That fixed the phone.
Also I use google now as my launcher. Speeds up my phone. Just make sure you choose Google as the launcher and not touch wiz.
For email I use gmail app and added my other email accts.
I also use google messamger for text.
Both of those apps are much better in many ways from the stock samsung apps.
Try these and see. My S4 is 2 years old and battery, speed, are like new.

Posted via the Android Central App

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to avoid having to do a factory reset! But I suppose I could... Adding my other account to the gmail app might be worth trying - I have a lot invested in the stock app in terms of saved addresses I've written to etc. I don't use Google Now, can I use the launcher without getting Google+ running on my phone?