S-View Locked. Custom rom to bypass?

Michael Adkins2

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, i have my gf's S4 I337 which has now been locked into sview mode after changing the screen. I have tried 2 screens same issue. We cannot get into the phone as it goes to sview mode instantly after booting.

The phone is not rooted an is on latest update rom.

Is there a way without getting into the phone ( Since i cannot) that i can flash a rom that does not have sview option enabled?

Any help is greatly appreciated and i have searched and searched for past 3 days. We just need a working phone :(

I will glady paypal someone for the help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If this happened as a result of replacing the screen, you most likely caused some damage to the phone (like shorting the S-View sensor). Before damaging it further, I'd try to find a repair shop that will work on a phone you damaged, for a price you want to spend (if they don't do a full analysis of the phone - which you pay for by the hour - they won't guarantee anything but exactly what they fix) and pay them to fix the phone without breaking it further.

This is why I don't recommend that anyone asking here repairs the insides of a phone. If you have enough experience to do it right, you wouldn't ask, you'd know how to do it. If you have to ask, or look for tutorials, you shouldn't be doing it. It's usually more expensive in the long run. (A full analysis of a phone could run $800 - which means an honest shop will tell you that it doesn't pay to repair the phone.)

As far as a custom ROM, you'd need one that didn't have S-View capability. I don't think you'll find one. (If it has S-View capability, and the sensor is permanently "sensing" the cover (which it might if it's damaged, or a wire is cut or pinched), it's permanently going to be in S-View mode.)

Michael Adkins2

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, So i was able to find the hall sensor on the board. I removed the sensor and bam the phone works! I have the part number to order a new one, although we never use the hall sensor as we have never used sview, may or may not replace.

It is right under the L1 screw spot. and when changing screens it is very important the correct screw goes in and not over thightened. Removing it caused no other issues. Hope someone else can be helped by this! I used tweezers to remove it off board.

gavasax

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Great !!!!
Can you please help me and tell me better how did you remove the sensor ?? How does it look like ? Is it under some plastic cover ? I did disassemble the phone some days ago but I coulden't find it
Please ... thank you !!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol