AT&T Galaxy S4 : Official Lollipop 5.0.1 Update Thread

anedge

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
When its plugged in and you get that "Battery 100% charged" notification, just swipe it to the left and it will go back into your dropdown notification.

CarlosSW

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok. For the most part i do like lollipop with a few minor things ive noticed. 1)when i had notifications on for the lockscreen...when i tried to swipe them to open the email/text...it didnt work, just kept telling me to swipe to unlock at the bottom. 2)my data off/on widget is now unusable. Ive been told that with the quick settings pulldown...if you pull then pull again you can get carrier specific information, but that seams to be in just the nexus phones....not touchwiz. Also...question Is there a way to get the email and text icons to also work on the lockscreen....

LuvrGirl

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So I'm going to jump in and do the update since I can't get rid of the update notification on my screen lol

Quick question before I update... I've read before that it is recommended to not only clear the cache but to also do a factory reset BEFORE the update; I guess so that it updates on a clean start and then do another clear cache and factory reset AFTER the udpate.

Is this still necessary or recommended?

Thanks!

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't clear the cache or do a reset on my wifes S4 when I updated it day before yesterday and she hasn't hit me yet, so, I am assuming it is working fine. Clearing the cache is probably a good idea but I wouldnt do a factory reset unless you are having problems after the update.

Sent from my SM-T320

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I cleared the cache after I did the update but didn't do a factory reset. So far I like the update, it seems a little more battery efficient (nothing thrilling, but it isn't a bunch worse like the later KitKat updates) and the screen is responsive. I also have a tablet that I just bought that got the update. So far so good.

theone_vinay

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
After the update the battery started draining very fast, also observed the heating issue. Did the factor reset twice still the issue continues.
Any suggestions how to solve these two issues (Battery draining & Heating issues) ?

anedge

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
After the update the battery started draining very fast, also observed the heating issue. Did the factor reset twice still the issue continues.
Any suggestions how to solve these two issues (Battery draining & Heating issues) ?

Try wiping the cache partition. Instructions in 8th post on this thread...let us know if it fixes the problems

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I updated to Lollipop a few days ago. No problems. I like it very much. I do notice however that It's using a lot more ram. Consistently at 1.3g. Would clearing the cash partition resolve this or is this the new norm?
Thanks.
Galaxy S4 on at&t

Posted via Android Central App

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update a few hours ago. Many app icons have changed somewhat and look crisper and cleaner. The phone looks more colorful overall and I think the appearance is improved.

Here are some gripes so far:

1) The button on the bottom left of the phone used to take me to the settings menu. Not anymore. It takes you to a homepage settings menu.

2) My biggest gripe so far. Near the bottom right of my homepages is the "Apps" button. That button used to access both apps and widgets. The widget section has disappeared. I used to have a thin, horizontal google search bar widget on my homepage. It has disappeared and I can't find it. Does anybody know where the google search bar widget has gone?

3) Google Play Music (now called Play Music) kept staying on in the background even thoiugh I never used it. I had to disable the application to save battery.

Edit: Solved #2. I really like the brighter colors in Lollipop. If the battery life is as good as it was prior to the update, I will like Lollipo.

Last edited:

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, the dang update has hit my phone. To update or not to update. :) Mixed reactions here thus far. Appears that a reset is not needed. I'm definitely not doing one unless something goes wrong. Backed up as much as I can offline. Sounds like may have to clear cache afterwards. Pull the trigger? :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ruturaj Kulkarni

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I have problems updating my at&t i337 s4 to android lolipop 5.01. I tried changing the time and date to different days but it says update interrupted. I deleted alot of memory, I have 5 gb available, as well as wiping the cache, but still have update interrupted? Should I just be patient since it just rolled out a couple days ago? My phone isnt rooted or anything!

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
randun pull the trigger.. I'm liking LP so far.. I did nothing special before or after the undated and everything is working fine. Some things are different and just take some hunting to find now..
Phone is smoother and I like the new look. Other then the orange text message I'm liking this a lot and it is holding me until they release the S6 active.

LuvrGirl

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy to report I also did the update and cleared the cache before the update. No factory reset and it's running rather smoothly - no problems yet and I hope it stays that way :)

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
randun pull the trigger.. I'm liking LP so far.. I did nothing special before or after the undated and everything is working fine. Some things are different and just take some hunting to find now..
Phone is smoother and I like the new look. Other then the orange text message I'm liking this a lot and it is holding me until they release the S6 active.

Sounds good. I'm probably upgrading to the S6 as well but will wait until it's 'battle tested'.

Lou Mancuso

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
After the update I can no longer access the internet away from a WiFi signal. I used to have a '3G/4G' icon and now just the bars with no icon. I also had full bars at home now it seems I have just one and sometimes none. Also I can't use talk to text with my texting. I've used this phone for a year with no problems. I paid cash and used straight talk for 3 years. I'll clear cashe lie post 8 said and try a factory reset after I figure I've saved as much as I can.
I'm a make calls, text and check FB kinda person. These updated never sit well with me. FB keeps closing after about a minute when scrolling.

oefid

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Received the Notification today and downloaded Lollipop 5.0.1 .. only took about 15 minutes on WiFi.
Didn't do anything but download and let it run its course and running fine without any issues that I can see.
Yeah a lot of things changed but IMO most are visual which is subjective and some are counter productive.
It's like change for the sake of change especially when some of those changes still do the same thing only you have to go to a different place to do it.
Colors are subjective but I find the new colors are way out of whack, at least for me.
I don't see any place to customize colors which I'll never understand considering all the advancements in this Technology.
How hard is it to give us some visual customizing options ?
Unless I've missed it, One thing I can't find is being able to Customize the Lock Screen with Widgets like I could Before the update.
For whatever reason, mine has the Time, my Weather App and my Lux App on the Lock Screen, but can't remove them, or modify.
Aside from adding or removing quick access Phone and Camera Icons and the Clock or Personal Message, can't do anything else to the Lock Screen.
Did they do away with customizing the Lock Screen or am I missing something :confused:
Update: just realized my Weather App and Lux App are covering my Personal Message and can't do anything about it.

Last edited:

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Out of the blue, & during the night, update started w/o any intervention from me! Stopped though with usual interruption message. Probably because I need to move a **** load of apps to the SD card.

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
my wifes phone automatically updated to this piece of crap Lollipop... wish they didn't "push" these updates onto us and just let US choose what WE want to upload on OUR phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She HATEs the new 5.0.1 OS... wish there was a way to roll back to the previous OS...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781