Missing Notification Icons - Lollipop

ozzie550

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to Lollipop 5.0.1 on April 9th. In the past week, I've noticed that my notification icons will randomly disappear from the left side of the status bar. Generally, this area is populated with icons from running apps such as Lookout, Sound Profile, and Transparent Weather Clock. When this happens, I will also not be able to view any other on-demand icons such as messaging or email notifications, even though I'll still get the audible alerts for these. When I pull down the bar, the notification area will include all the information for the affected apps, as normal. Basically, it's just the icons that are missing from the status/notification bar itself. I can go to the settings of one of the affected apps and re-set the selection to display notifications, and the icon will not reappear. I have not unchecked "show notifications" in the app info in the Application Manager. A re-boot of the phone will resolve the problem and the icons will reappear normally, that is until they disappear again at some random point.

Does anyone have any clues?

ozzie550

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I've either phrased this question in a way that is beyond everyone's ability to understand, or there's no one with any ideas on what's happening. The fact that no one else is having this problem tells me that there's some interaction with one or more of my apps. I don't use a task killer that could be stopping a background process.

Does anyone know what specific process, if any, is responsible for transient notifications such as email or messaging that appear in this part of the bar?

demsid

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Since the Lollipop update the notifications on the top left have disappeared. I have not been able to find a solution and I have searched a lot.
Can anyone help?

ozzie550

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Since the Lollipop update the notifications on the top left have disappeared. I have not been able to find a solution and I have searched a lot.
Can anyone help?

So that I can better understand your problem in comparison to mine, do you have any apps that should continually populate this part of the notification bar whenever they are active? When this problem occurs, do you see any messaging or email notifications when you receive either? Is this problem continuous for you, or intermittent, and do the notifications stop working unexpectedly and randomly? Finally, will a re-boot bring the notifications back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol