Document Files

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to free up internal storage space on my Galaxy S4. Using ES Explorer, I found that the phone contains 9830 document files of various types! I find it hard to determine which files are associated with specific apps. Does anyone know of an easy method to determine which files I might delete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ozzie550

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I would not arbitrarily delete anything you can't positively identify as unneeded. I would, instead, use a established app to remove any unwanted space-hogging stuff. I personally use CCleaner on my S4. Even with that, you still need to be careful what you're deleting.

You can also try moving apps from the phone storage to your SD card. Just don't move any apps that have widgets associated with them as they may not update properly.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I would not arbitrarily delete anything you can't positively identify as unneeded. I would, instead, use a established app to remove any unwanted space-hogging stuff. I personally use CCleaner on my S4. Even with that, you still need to be careful what you're deleting.

You can also try moving apps from the phone storage to your SD card. Just don't move any apps that have widgets associated with them as they may not update properly.
I'm definitely not deleting without a confirmed connection to a specific app. I've moved everything I can to the external SD card. It's now a matter of identifying items like documents, etc that can either be deleted or moved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk