Galaxy S4 recognized as Qualcom modem

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

My phone had some water damage and after the rice trick it started working. It will charge using the USB connected to the computer, but not the wall. For a while, I couldn't even get it out of a booting loop, but deleting the cache work. It all boots great now and it seems to work. However, the computer will not recognize the phone. I noticed that there's a Qualcom Modem in one on the Devices list. Knowing that I do not have a modem, this is probably the phone.

So far, I have tried switching USB cables, reinstalling the driver through KIES and even a code to change from CP to AP and the different combinations. There is apparently a dial pad code to make sure the phone is set to PDA instead of Modem, but I don't have access to that.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Erick

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"water damage and after the rice trick"

That's the fastest and easiest way to ruin a phone. See Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!. You do not put a wet phone into rice, unless you want a good excuse to buy a new phone. Now you have no choice - decide which phone you want to buy and buy it. (Repairing a water-damaged phone that's been sitting in rice, concentrating the impurities so the metallic parts of th insides of th phone get damaged faster, will cost a lot more than a new phone.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca