Samsung galaxy s4 "lcd" screen replacement

Baboku

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi, im the owner of a Samsung Galaxy S4, and yesterday I broke the LCD Screen , but all the other functions work, like the little notification light, etc. The shop I normally go to charge me 150C$ to repair the screen,m and I tought it was a bit excesive considering I can buy replacement kit off Ebay for like 80C$. I wanted to have your feedback on my idea to do it myself and also I'm having trouble finding the right screen. I have a SGH-M919V a canadian model and I didn't see any screen specific to that model, only M919 screen, so does it gonna work if I put an M919 lcd screen on my M919V ?

Thank you !

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The letter after the model number denotes the carrier it's for. For instance m919v would be vodaphone? So any m919 glass should work.
I was just quoted around 250usd to replace the glass on a Note 4, so that 150 isn't so bad. I was hoping I could do it for less than the 175$ deducatable on the insurance.
Although well within my technical abilities, I would rather put the extra $$ and let a company that's insured against further damage to your phone do the work.

AnnieCP22

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi ! the same thing happenned to me, my screen is now spreading ink all over ! Just to be sure of what your specifics are....I thought the S4 had Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors....not an LCD....I am also looking for replacement parts. So any recommendations for a Canadian parts dealer would be great ! I have the SGH-I337M model of Samsung Galaxy S4.

Baboku

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Alright, thank you for your help and your quick answer ! I'm still in reflexion about all this, but you certainly help the process.

Thank you again !