Need help with battery drain issue

rhittle

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Up until late last week I was getting unbelieveable battery life on my Infuse. I would acturally be using it moderately or a little more than moderately. I have 2 kinds of batteries. The oem and one of the cheapies. I ended up switching batteries the other day and the battery went down to 10% by early afternoon with less than moderate usage. I assumed it was the inferior battery. I switched back to oem and went down to 10% by late afternoon. I was getting 60% left at 9pm at night. I have Juice Defender Ultimate and have it set for aggressive control. I have my screen set a 30 sec. I'm not running any gps, bluethooth or wifi unless I need it and it's extremely rare. Most things I have on manual syncing. But, I was trying to get an app that would notifiy my on the screen that I had voice mail. I downloaded Youmail. I was continually getting messages that Youmail couldn't connect. I finally uninstalled Youmail. Strangly I'm still getting the Youmail messages. I can't find any traces of it on my phone. I'm wondering if its the reason for the drain and I also wanted to ask if I can do a reset without lossing all my programs. I'm not worried about contacts etc becasue there with google and I will always have them but it would be a chore to reinstall all the apps.