Need help with battery drain issue

rhittle

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Up until late last week I was getting unbelieveable battery life on my Infuse. I would acturally be using it moderately or a little more than moderately. I have 2 kinds of batteries. The oem and one of the cheapies. I ended up switching batteries the other day and the battery went down to 10% by early afternoon with less than moderate usage. I assumed it was the inferior battery. I switched back to oem and went down to 10% by late afternoon. I was getting 60% left at 9pm at night. I have Juice Defender Ultimate and have it set for aggressive control. I have my screen set a 30 sec. I'm not running any gps, bluethooth or wifi unless I need it and it's extremely rare. Most things I have on manual syncing. But, I was trying to get an app that would notifiy my on the screen that I had voice mail. I downloaded Youmail. I was continually getting messages that Youmail couldn't connect. I finally uninstalled Youmail. Strangly I'm still getting the Youmail messages. I can't find any traces of it on my phone. I'm wondering if its the reason for the drain and I also wanted to ask if I can do a reset without lossing all my programs. I'm not worried about contacts etc becasue there with google and I will always have them but it would be a chore to reinstall all the apps.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You can use Titanium Back Up to back up your apps. For the battery drain Im not sure why its like that. I have Juice Defender Plus installed and have been givin great battery life.......when the screen is off lol. Once I get on it and start messing around a bit, that when the battery will start rolling. But Im not on it constantly all the time. Have you tried to use Google Voice? Its just like youmail but better IMO. Its google, and it transcribes your messages the best it can, so its visual for you.

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Weird, a few days ago my phone battery began to drain very fast. Only change was switching to friendcaster and ceasing the stock fb app.

rhittle

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You can use Titanium Back Up to back up your apps. For the battery drain Im not sure why its like that. I have Juice Defender Plus installed and have been givin great battery life.......when the screen is off lol. Once I get on it and start messing around a bit, that when the battery will start rolling. But Im not on it constantly all the time. Have you tried to use Google Voice? Its just like youmail but better IMO. Its google, and it transcribes your messages the best it can, so its visual for you.

Thanks. I'll try that backup if I can't find my problem. I'm assuming I can backup to the memory card and shouldn't lose everything if I do a reset.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Im gonna say the battery life on the Infuse is not great. Im kind of comparing that to the Atrix. Which when I owned that phone, the battery would last all day with hard use. And it would charge up REALLY fast. Thats one thing I do miss. But Im using JuiceDefender Plus. It helps the battery big time when your not using the phone and the screen is off. I leave it on the balenced setting which will shut off the mobile network when the phones screen is off. And it will turn it on every 15 minutes to let your apps sync that are constantly in sync mode IE Gmail. Theres more settings in the app to increse the battery more but it gets down to stuff hardcore that you have to try and mess with to make all your settings right. Balenced does a pretty good job for me.

But as soon as I start using the phone for a good amount of time. The battery will start draining. I was thinking of buying one of those ebay batteries that are like 1910mAH. I had those type of batterys from Hong Kong when I owned the Captivate and they werent bad at all. Even comes with an external wall charger. And there cheap. I wish this phone had the power of the Atrix Battery that was like 1950mAH. That one was a beast!

Trigger73

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had a similar cituation. I had a few apps trying to auto update and juice defender wasn't stopping the action but letting them run constantly and not update. Once I updated the apps on a wifi connection it stopped. I don't know if this helps but that was my problem.

rhittle

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I didn't figure it out but, I got it fixed. I tried eveything I thought I'd either loaded or changed in the couple of days it went haywire to no avail. I went ahead and downloaded everything to my computer wrote down the important apps I wanted to reload and did a reset.I really only needed to transfer my files from my computer and a few ringtones. All the apps were easy. The ones I had paid for allowed me to redownload. They had the label "purchased" on them. I spent this morning changing things and off and on all day remember a few other things I had forgot plus a few things I wanted different and by late this evening I still had around 68% left and I unplugged my phone at 6:30 this morning. It's almost 8pm here now. Wow what a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair