Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Infuse Turns Off without any warning...

I have had the Samsung Infuse for a week now, purchased 3 of them for the family, and so far 1 phone has performed perfectly, the other has had a hard shut down out of the blue a couple of times, and the other one is doing it several times per day.

I have searched the Internet for more information on this problem, to see if it is a hardware issue, app issue, or possibly an Android issue. But I have yet to find a real cause, or decent solution to this problem. It mostly seems to be speculation.

I read on one forum how Samsung Infuses built before November 6, 2010 with a final four IMEI number lower than 5394 have this issue and it is a hardware problem.

Another user somewhere else has stated that they removed their SIM card and the unit stayed on for many days without it, but when they put it back in it started having the same problem again.

Someone else suggested a "Keep Alive" app to prevent the phone from randomly shutting off, which they state is a ultra-deep SLEEP mode when the battery gets low. The Keep Alive app supposedly helps minimize the shut off issue. I could be in the middle of writing a text, or on the web or playing a game and it will just go black.

Then there was another who said it could possibly be the various cases, saying that if you hold the power button down for a certain length of time that the phone will do a hard shut down.

Samsung seems to act surprised, claiming they had never heard of such a problem, and will deny it is any fault on their end while taking a good week turn around to replace an under warranty phone.

I am asking the Android Central community if there are any of you guys who are having the issue and what the fix is. I am thinking of going to the AT&T store tomorrow to exchange a couple of the phones, as I am within the first 30 days of the contract.

Default Re: Samsung Infuse Turns Off without any warning...

I had a very similar issue and, sorry, but the only 'solution' I could come up with was the one you already thought of - take the bugger back. My new one doesn't do it..... as much.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine shut off once or twice before but I was downloading like 6 apps and updating 3 all at once. Mine is also rooted so maybe thats the issue. None of them are rooted? As an AT&T rep i would point you in the direction of a warranty exchange center considering you are passed your 30 day return period... Random shut offs on any computer usually mean software/hardware issues. Hard to say exactly what is causing the shut offs but either way its not what you want out of a $550 phone.
    CrackDroid AT&T Sales Rep
    HTC One X Stock

Mine did this too a few times after I had it a month, I reset it (wiped it), re-installed the apps and it has never shut off on me since. I would recommend a reset before you take it back, its fast and easy.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket75 View Post
    Mine did this too a few times after I had it a month, I reset it (wiped it), re-installed the apps and it has never shut off on me since. I would recommend a reset before you take it back, its fast and easy.
    What is the Reset the procedure?

Also, is there a way to backup all the data/apps/settings/etc?

Quote Originally Posted by sirdomino View Post
    What is the Reset the procedure?

Also, is there a way to backup all the data/apps/settings/etc?
    Download "share my apps", and it will email you a link to every app you have downloaded, makes it really easy to reinstall them. Then, settings, privacy, choose factory data reset. Also if u want your text backed up there is an SMS backup program that is free but I can't remember the exact name just search android marked for that and u will find it.
    Coming from an Iphone 3GS, went to the Inspire for 3 weeks, now loving the new Infuse! It's not rooted yet... By by apple, finally a good phone that I can bury my iphone for! Apple is stuck in their little world, with no big changes coming down the pipeline, no 4G until 2012 apple, really? Bye! I have no regrets, my iphone feels like a toy now lol.