Low Download Speeds

nickygents

May 12, 2011
Visit site
More often then not my infuse is very slow when it comes to internet activity. My download rate on a wifi connection is around .25 mbps(1 bar of wifi) and my upload is at 2 mbps. Is it possible that the receptor is damaged on the phone? Will a phone restore work, or should I bring it into the AT&T store?

Edit: I just walked right up to my router, had 3 bars of strength and my download speeds were only at .40 mbps.

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest you reset your router and re-sync it with your phone. Somewhere along the line, there might be a bad connection between the 2. What about when you turn the wifi off and use the network?

nickygents

May 12, 2011
Visit site
its the same thing with the network i tried about 5 different locations all around my county and speedtest never went above .2 mbps. I know that its not the most accurate tester but the upload speed is still significantly higher and the internet could definitely be a lot faster.

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I only have the little dot highlighted but I still get 250KBps+ on the download/upload. I am only using WiFi-G, and not N. Are you using N?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No, I too am using wifi-g. Still though, for you to get speeds like that on wifi and the network, theres a problem.

Use that speedtest app. Set it to MB in Settings. Then do a test with Wifi Off. After that, Do a test with Wifi On. Post your results. Post where you live also. Regardless, your Wifi connection should be a huge difference compared to the networks speed.

nickygents

May 12, 2011
Visit site
No, I too am using wifi-g. Still though, for you to get speeds like that on wifi and the network, theres a problem.

Use that speedtest app. Set it to MB in Settings. Then do a test with Wifi Off. After that, Do a test with Wifi On. Post your results. Post where you live also. Regardless, your Wifi connection should be a huge difference compared to the networks speed.

Yeah its been set to MB, I cant do a test without wifi right now because i live next to these big towers that block all internet access, and phone reception around my house(usually only get 1 bar)...with wifi on i got .18mps dl and 2.12 mps upload. I live in Nassau County long island and i drove fairly far from my house yesterday because i had to go to the doctor and I was testing it the whole ride there, drove about 15 miles from my house and my download results ranged from .9 to .32 mbps, my upload ranging from .12 to 1.51 mbps and my ping ranging from 150-300 ms.

nickygents

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I just did a full phone restore and tried speed test again. Numbers are coming up the same which leads me to believe that no app or software is interfering.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19