I think yesterday was one of the sadest days in my life..

ImInfused

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
So how does the Lost/Stolen claim work?

Do you just call them up and say you've lost your phone and that is that? or do you have to submit a police report or something?

Do you have to deactivate your lines? etc.

Do you have to buy another SIM card and pay for the new phone to get activated?

I have the insurance mostly for it getting Lost. And also is it max of 2 claims per phone on the account with insurance or 2 per account regardless of how many phones/lines?

I've never had to file a claim and am wondering how exactly it works for a lost phone.

-yeah you have to show that you fil;es a report to the police.
-you dont have to deactivate lines because, as soon as your phone number is registered to a new sim, the last sim is completely deactiveated and will not work at all with calls etc.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Really? As a leader in this forum you would recommend lying to the insurance company and commiting insurance fraud? Isn't that illegal as well as unethical?

Actually, im not a leader in this forum. Im just an Advisor. There are many of us throughout the forums. Im an Android user just like yourself. I didnt recommend someone else to do that. I just said I shouldve done that myself. You think Im the only one that would?

easy now your questioning the " T " heaven fore bid his loftiness should be questioned

lmao

so is downloading music.

Indeed! They tried to stop all of that with napster. And they still havent got that under control. I dont think they ever will when it comes to the internet :)

-yeah you have to show that you fil;es a report to the police.
-you dont have to deactivate lines because, as soon as your phone number is registered to a new sim, the last sim is completely deactiveated and will not work at all with calls etc.

Not entirely true. You dont have to show a police replort. When I called asurian before and told them my phone was stolen, I didnt have to show them a report. I belive it was just your form of indentification that you would have to submit. Cant quite remember since it was a while back. But I remember I got my replacement the next day when my Verizon blackberry was lost. I never filed a police report for a lost or stolen phone in my life.

Last edited:

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Not entirely true. You dont have to show a police replort. When I called asurian before and told them my phone was stolen, I didnt have to show them a report. I belive it was just your form of indentification that you would have to submit. Cant quite remember since it was a while back. But I remember I got my replacement the next day when my Verizon blackberry was lost. I never filed a police report for a lost or stolen phone in my life.

Good to know. i would hate to have to go to the police station just because my wife lost her phone somewhere in the house and we can't find it after looking for days on end...

Do you have to give them the IMEI or Serial number of the phone? I am guessing I should write all that down anyways just to be safe, as it would be hard to get if you lost the phone and threw out the box.

Too Bad they just can't trace the phone and track down where it is or catch the thief but I suppose it is far cheaper to just send a replacement phone, especially considering the $125 deductible...

Wow! so they overnight the phone? That is pretty good service, but the insurance+deductible isn't exactly cheap...

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Good to know. i would hate to have to go to the police station just because my wife lost her phone somewhere in the house and we can't find it after looking for days on end...

Do you have to give them the IMEI or Serial number of the phone? I am guessing I should write all that down anyways just to be safe, as it would be hard to get if you lost the phone and threw out the box.

Too Bad they just can't trace the phone and track down where it is or catch the thief but I suppose it is far cheaper to just send a replacement phone, especially considering the $125 deductible...

Wow! so they overnight the phone? That is pretty good service, but the insurance+deductible isn't exactly cheap...

From what I can remember, I dont believe they ask you for a number. I didnt have one to give them anyway since the phone was missing. And yes, they will overnight it or 2 day ship it to ya. Its pretty good service for $5 bucks a month. :)

jasonk1229

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just to let you know if you make 2 claims within 12 months ( Used 1 on my old device I think it was lg vu or something) you will be dropped from asurion, att or whatever the company uses. I left my infuse in a taxi cab ( watched the a$$hole drive around for 3 days on latitude then it died) and had to use my 2nd claim but no way im gunna drop 500 on a new device lol.

They overnight-ed it from texas to maryland seriously fast took like 20 hours lol, costed 125$ charged to my monthly bill and dropped me from insurance nooo. All I had to do to activate it was read them the imei and the sim card number to activate over customer care. I also told them I had a case, but for some reason sent me the leather purse looking thing ( im a guy and it seriously looks like a girls wristlet totally gay) so I gotta get a new screen protector and decent hard case again.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just to let you know if you make 2 claims within 12 months ( Used 1 on my old device I think it was lg vu or something) you will be dropped from asurion, att or whatever the company uses. I left my infuse in a taxi cab ( watched the a$$hole drive around for 3 days on latitude then it died) and had to use my 2nd claim but no way im gunna drop 500 on a new device lol.

They overnight-ed it from texas to maryland seriously fast took like 20 hours lol, costed 125$ charged to my monthly bill and dropped me from insurance nooo. All I had to do to activate it was read them the imei and the sim card number to activate over customer care. I also told them I had a case, but for some reason sent me the leather purse looking thing ( im a guy and it seriously looks like a girls wristlet totally gay) so I gotta get a new screen protector and decent hard case again.

lol aint that crazy how they send you like a cheap knock off case? Its like look, Why send me the flea market style case when I pay good money for this phone. Give me something decent!! lol

I Believe your only allowed 2 claims in a year. No more after that.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sad part is it wasnt even a knockoff, it was att leather universal case, says 29.99 on the package. I feel like if your over 45 years old and dont care about your appearance this is for you.

Black Leather Horizontal Case - Large Universal - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T

Lmao. I had one simuliar when I had the Dell Streak. That freaking phone was a monster. But in all reality, I have some leather cheap Logitech one for the Infuse. It fits in in perfect, looks something like that but more modernish. And Im only 27, I think it makes my appearence seem a bit more professional when Im walking with the cell strapped to the side of my belt :) lol

jasonk1229

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Lmao. I had one simuliar when I had the Dell Streak. That freaking phone was a monster. But in all reality, I have some leather cheap Logitech one for the Infuse. It fits in in perfect, looks something like that but more modernish. And Im only 27, I think it makes my appearence seem a bit more professional when Im walking with the cell strapped to the side of my belt :) lol

I will check it out, I have actually been looking into the ghost armor as well. I notice you post on XDA it has a much better review of cases for the infuse.

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
The only reason I dont go with the insurance is because even though things like this happen, its not super often. When we first went with Cingular, we got the insurance. I think after a bit over a year we had to use it but of course pay a $50 deductible. So technically we spent over $100 to replace her L7 with a old razr. It just usually winds up not being worth it. IMHO anyway. Besides usually I go through so many phones its nuts and have more laying around lol. Like now the Atrix was a month old when I got the Infuse. Nuts I know but I love gadgets. We are beyond the 30days now anyway hehe.

A $50 deductable is sweet trust me. I work for the Almighty at&t and people say its not worth it all the time. They nag and complain and yell. Grown men whining like children because they dropped their phone in the toilet aand its my fault and they want a free one. Once I tell them "ok if you don't want to pay the deductable and you want another infuse its going to be $550 plus tax please" they say "oh... ok here's the deductable" I smile inside knowing that I just pwned them.

Point here is this; the deductable IS worth it cause any human would rather pay $50 as opposed to $550.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk