I think yesterday was one of the sadest days in my life..

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well. You know everyone goes through there different situations in life. Some have great lives. Some have lives that are mediocre and some just have a life that they want to live and not care what anyone thinks or says. Thats kind of the life I have these days. Frolicking around on my Laptop. Sitting in the room and acting like somesort of a business dude (without business) on my Desktop, and constantly keeping my eyes glued to Super Amoled Plus. Then yesterday comes about. Really hot outside. 100 degrees here in North Carolina. Crap, I didnt move to this state for this kind of heat. Ill go back to Jersey where the snow is nice and I can wear extremely large baggy sweatpants and not care what anyone thinks. Then I could put the Infuse in my pocket because its really big.

Not happening here. Weather is really hot. Then It rains like Bruce Almighty was yelling at everybody for some reason. Then the rain and thunderstorms totally stop and the sun comes out like nothing happend. I head outside and snap a picture of my car, on my phone. Next thing I know, little nats start flying around my head. I start slapping them away only to watch my Infuse slowly hit the grown in super slow motion. Out of panic, I pick it up and notice the screen totally cracked. UGH! NO!!! Wait, I thought Gorilla Glass doesnt break? HA! Drop it on Concrete and its gonna break. Its just really good with keeping scratchs away, not cracks!!

Lord. Called Asurian and the replacement should be here by Tuesday. Either way, phone still totally works fine without any problems to the phone itself. But an Infuse owner doesnt roll around with a cracked screen on his phone. Not me. So what did I do? Tossed it on good ol Ebay to try and recoupe some of that $130 deductable!!!

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Man that sucks. Id throw up if I dropped mine. We dont pay for the insurance and the wife and I both have Infuses.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Man that sucks. Id throw up if I dropped mine. We dont pay for the insurance and the wife and I both have Infuses.

oooooooooooo. Id recommend getting the insurance. Or going with SquareTrade. The extra a month is really worth it because if this happened and I had no insurance, Id really be in the crapper.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I always get insurance on any of my phones. It just seema stupid to play with chance and not get it. You can never predict the future.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I dont go with the insurance is because even though things like this happen, its not super often. When we first went with Cingular, we got the insurance. I think after a bit over a year we had to use it but of course pay a $50 deductible. So technically we spent over $100 to replace her L7 with a old razr. It just usually winds up not being worth it. IMHO anyway. Besides usually I go through so many phones its nuts and have more laying around lol. Like now the Atrix was a month old when I got the Infuse. Nuts I know but I love gadgets. We are beyond the 30days now anyway hehe.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I dont go with the insurance is because even though things like this happen, its not super often. When we first went with Cingular, we got the insurance. I think after a bit over a year we had to use it but of course pay a $50 deductible. So technically we spent over $100 to replace her L7 with a old razr. It just usually winds up not being worth it. IMHO anyway. Besides usually I go through so many phones its nuts and have more laying around lol. Like now the Atrix was a month old when I got the Infuse. Nuts I know but I love gadgets. We are beyond the 30days now anyway hehe.

I know what you mean about changing phones around. I got the Atrix a day before it came out preordered. Then got the Infuse the day it came out. But if you drop it and don't have insurance. I hope your pockets are deep. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

anon(15502)

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Asurion makes you return the broken phone. I know I had to when the same thing happened to my Eris way back when they came out

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I don't get why people look at insurance from this point of view. Ok yes, in the long run you will be spending money like that. But think about this for a moment.

Since the op has insurance at $5 a month, he has a $125 detuctible to get a new phone, versus the retail cost of the phone at about $500. Which would you rather spend at once? The $5 over the course of the months and only have to pay $125 instead of rhe $500? Don't know about you, but I don't know how often I have $500 to spare at once to buy a phone like that.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Well. You know everyone goes through there different situations in life. Some have great lives. Some have lives that are mediocre and some just have a life that they want to live and not care what anyone thinks or says. Thats kind of the life I have these days. Frolicking around on my Laptop. Sitting in the room and acting like somesort of a business dude (without business) on my Desktop, and constantly keeping my eyes glued to Super Amoled Plus. Then yesterday comes about. Really hot outside. 100 degrees here in North Carolina. Crap, I didnt move to this state for this kind of heat. Ill go back to Jersey where the snow is nice and I can wear extremely large baggy sweatpants and not care what anyone thinks. Then I could put the Infuse in my pocket because its really big.

Not happening here. Weather is really hot. Then It rains like Bruce Almighty was yelling at everybody for some reason. Then the rain and thunderstorms totally stop and the sun comes out like nothing happend. I head outside and snap a picture of my car, on my phone. Next thing I know, little nats start flying around my head. I start slapping them away only to watch my Infuse slowly hit the grown in super slow motion. Out of panic, I pick it up and notice the screen totally cracked. UGH! NO!!! Wait, I thought Gorilla Glass doesnt break? HA! Drop it on Concrete and its gonna break. Its just really good with keeping scratchs away, not cracks!!

Lord. Called Asurian and the replacement should be here by Tuesday. Either way, phone still totally works fine without any problems to the phone itself. But an Infuse owner doesnt roll around with a cracked screen on his phone. Not me. So what did I do? Tossed it on good ol Ebay to try and recoupe some of that $130 deductable!!!
Terrigno,
Sorry to hear this happened to your beloved Infuse! What a bummer! I assume it was not in a case at the time... is that right?

Well, at least you have insurance for the phone. I do not have insurance but am hoping that my kick-ass homeowner's insurance (USAA) would maybe cover it in an event such as yours. Probably not though. :p I guess you are also lucky that the phone is functional, so you can back everything up and have an easy transition to your new phone.
Recommendation: order the Otterbox Defender. NOW. ;)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about your phone! This is definitely one of my biggest fears. That's why I always buy the biggest, bulkiest I can find.

Sent from my Google Nexus S

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have USAA as well I think the extra computer insurance will cover the phones but I am not 100% on that. I might just have to call tomorrow and find out. Would be killer if it was.

mcdanielnc89

May 13, 2011
Visit site
what lock screen app are you using? sorry i noticed it and have been looking for one like that. sorry about your infuse though. that would be a sad sad day in my house.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle