Gingerbread update is coming!!

Janbur

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When was the last time you heard a company hit a deadline for software updates? I say this because I'm a software developer....... You get it done when you get it done.

You can have it 2 of 3 ways. Fast, Free, Correct. You pick.:p

Fast + Free is not correct.
Correct + Free is not Fast
Fast + Correct is not FREE
:-$

Well said, +1. Plus, we really don't know a lot about the AT&T schmuck who tweeted the date. It could have even been a janitor who stumbled across an unlocked PC.

Xandroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, according to their most recent reply, the announcement was a mistake and was in referance to the inspire, not the infuse. See the attachment below..

msnyder

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, according to their most recent reply, the announcement was a mistake and was in referance to the inspire, not the infuse. See the attachment below..
This is starting to piss me off. US infuse was released way earlier and is a high end phone. Seem's like ATT has forgotten it, I wonder how long it would take me to forget ATT, not long.
14 yr subscriber for now.

achysklic

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't buy that excuse, the inspires update had already been released when they tweeted about the end of August dead line. What a cop out and lie from AT&T

Xandroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't buy that excuse, the inspires update had already been released when they tweeted about the end of August dead line. What a cop out and lie from AT&T

I think you might be right... Seems a little fishy to me. If it was a mistake why didn't they correct it right away? Consumers would probably be less angry if they didn't make promises they couldn't deliver on in the first place. Oh well, what can you do...... Look at how much later the US GS2 was announced than the rest of the world...

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I should not be surprised. AT&T has been behind in OS updates many times before all while other carriers are much faster. I might have to wait another 1+ years before I can switch but this is definitely a reason to move to another carrier.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I think you might be right... Seems a little fishy to me. If it was a mistake why didn't they correct it right away? Consumers would probably be less angry if they didn't make promises they couldn't deliver on in the first place. Oh well, what can you do...... Look at how much later the US GS2 was announced than the rest of the world...

Totally agree. That's such weak sauce. First off, they shouldn't publicly state a timeline if there's any "reasonable" reason to think they MIGHT not make it. (Marketing 101: under promise, over deliver. NEVER the opposite). And second, even if they didn't/couldn't meet deadline... just 'fess up and apologize. No need to muddle the issue over some Infuse/Inspire BS. Lame. I've been with AT&T for years and really had no reason to be a hater, but I think this situation is laughably pathetic.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I love how AT&T has a presence on Facebook, Twitter etc but when you ask them a question they always come back with a non answer (on our radar). Why bother having a presence? They might as well have a robot answer your questions like they have when you call their customer service #.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, there was some misinformation that AT&T's official Twitter account provide. AT&T should have corrected the tweet right away. Apparently the person behind Twitter was not informed correctly or got the phone names all confused. Reading the AT&T release, I see there is no set date for the Infuse. This is what was written on Twitter. If you follow the link provided there you'll see the Infuse did not have a set date for the upgrade.

Last edited:

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm willing to bet the OVERWHELMING majority of people that own the infuse don't even know about Gingerbread! Just us geeky peeps.[/QUOTE said:
Very true. I told my cousin to update his Atrix to GB the day it came out. He had no idea what I was talking about. All I said was, update and enjoy 3rd party apps. He said. "Huh?":mad: Forget it

ImInfused

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
This is what pisses me off. They had alot of commercials for this phone like they were going to actually take care of the customers who buy it and it's just taking really long for them to give us an update that shoulda happened along time ago. I was always a loyal customer, but this just proves that they don't give a crap.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
They really don't, and now they're giving away 1000 minutes of rollover credits. I don't need that. I don't even use half of my plan's minutes!

davidbellevue

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The sad thing is, you know there are a lot of AT&T people who read this thread...some of them are engineers, one assumes.

It would be a good way to buy some goodwill with a reasonable explanation of what's going on, but by not responding they let imaginations run wild. Plus it feeds the suspicion that they just don't give a crap.

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Makes me sad... I wish I had a choice of provider but AT&T is the only service that has decent coverage in my area... Maybe if they buy Tmobile they will assimilate better customer service?