Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cannot play video Sorry, this video cannot be played

I've been having this problem where whenever i would log into my youtube account and watch videos i would get "Cannot play video Sorry, this video cannot be played" on every single video on youtube while i'm in my youtube account. But when i log out and try to see a video that i wasn't able to see before when logged into my account it would work... So idk what to do with it, simply ignore it and not get into my youtube account or see if i can fix this. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? and no I'm not talking about using the youtube app to watch videos but the web application
    Thanked by:
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Default Re: Cannot play video Sorry, this video cannot be played

Never herd of that happening. And thats weird honestly. Check into your youtube account on the PC and see if there is something corupting the process of playing back videos with your account. If all is well, Ummm Try a factory reset? Not to sure though.

I've had that happen a couple of times. Rebooted and everything was fine.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse via Tapatalk

Happens to me often too. Rebooted to get it to work.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM + Nightlies / Touchwiz

Happens constantly on my Infuse (not any other device for me). Reboot always does the trick.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Uninstall the Official Twitter App and you won't have any media problems.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah i tried rebooting but I still get the message on every single video while using youtube mobile on the web application... Youtube works fine when i use the desktop option... But it takes forever to load So idk if i have to resort to a factory reset O.o and try to get everything back.

But on the youtube application where the background is black is it common for some videos to be not available on mobile?

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crzbiohazard View Post
    Yeah i tried rebooting but I still get the message on every single video while using youtube mobile on the web application... Youtube works fine when i use the desktop option... But it takes forever to load So idk if i have to resort to a factory reset O.o and try to get everything back.

But on the youtube application where the background is black is it common for some videos to be not available on mobile?
    do you have the Official Twitter app installed?
    If so uninstall, re-boot, and try again.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by bforbaker View Post
    do you have the Official Twitter app installed?
    If so uninstall, re-boot, and try again.
    No i don't have the twitter app installed. I used to be able to watch videos on mobile youtube on the web application while being logged in but for some reason i can't watch any videos on the web in my account because i keep getting "cannot play video sorry, this video cannot be played"
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Anyone know how to fix this...?

Hi I had been experiencing the same issue on my Samsung Infuse. Out of nowhere I was unable to play videos on YouTube's mobile site or even view previews in my flixter movies app. I kept getting the same old message over and over. To make things stranger the same youtube movies worked fine within the youtube app. This was really starting to make my blood boil.

I'm not sure what the actual issue was but here is what I did to fix this problem. Open your web browser, hit menu, go to more, go to settings. Under settings clear your cache, history, cookies, form data, location access, passwords and reset to default settings. Don't worry you won't lose any bookmarks. Exit browser.

Next I uninstalled the flash player 10.3 update and immediately reinstalled it via market app under my apps. From here I went to youtube's mobile site and I was able to watch videos again, also my flixter movie app plays previews again.

Hope this helps cheers.

ROM
    SelfCompiled CM7,OC'd 1.4

may I ask the reason to use mobile youtube instead of the desktop version or the app? I actually have the same issues you have with signing into mobile and videos not working. But I never use the mobile version anyway. Is it to do with the speed, commenting or bandwidth usage?? It seems to call upon a flash type player or maybe even html5 different from the desktop/app version.

ok I just saw your post here Suma
    My android wont play youtube videos on the browser when im signed into my youtube account. - YouTube Help

seems like it has been an issue for a couple months now and no longer a samsung only deal. I think it is something to do with how YT is linked with your google account. When did linking become mandatory? I forgot when I did this, but it was recent. i'm going to look more into this

I have the same error msg appear on my Samsung Droid when i try to view videos i have stored on my memory card... I have done a master reset, I have even replaced the device...Any ideas, suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Grateful32 View Post
    I have the same error msg appear on my Samsung Droid when i try to view videos i have stored on my memory card... I have done a master reset, I have even replaced the device...Any ideas, suggestions?
    Hi,

I had the same problem with my HTC android.
    The solution for this is to download an alternative video player called MX Video player
    It's free and a much better player.

For reference : Android video player : "Sorry, this video cannot be played" - QwerQ

Quote Originally Posted by qwerq View Post
    Hi,

I had the same problem with my HTC android.
    The solution for this is to download an alternative video player called MX Video player
    It's free and a much better player.

For reference : Android video player : "Sorry, this video cannot be played" - QwerQ
    It didn't work on LG P500. iMDB app shows all the same message and that's not the only one
    Last edited by Telcairon; 08-30-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Just bought Archos tablet with Android 2.4 cannot get youtube videos to work just won't play. I have been told that Adobe is the culprit behind this. Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong is there something that needs to be installed. HELP

hi......................
    buddies i had used a lot of collection in samsung mobiles just "SIMPLY UPDATE YOUR YOUTUBE SOFTWARE............
    Inshallah as soon as it will be a work..
    salaamakhair!

buddy just update your mobile youtube version and restart your mobile and it will work..

I have had this problem with my Infuse from day 1. (over a year) Reboot never worked. Uninstall and reintall didn't work either. I tried Sumabot's tips here, and it works!! My Flash was 11.1, and I uninstalled that update. I don't know how or why it works, but thank you Sumabot!!!!

Red face Re: Cannot play video Sorry, this video cannot be played Solucionado. Fixed

Exelent its work perfect Solucionado !!!!! sorry this video cannot be played la salocion me ha funcionado a la perfeccion seguir los pasos exactamente como lo indica. Sumabot thanks a lot.

Default Re: Cannot play video Sorry, this video cannot be played Solucionado. Fixed

What about an HTC video recording appears to be on memorcard but comes up this video cannot be played. Why is this happeni.g? It's the first time I haven't been able to replay and share.

Post Re: Cannot play video Sorry, this video cannot be played

Restore your android device and sign up for a new gmail account using same device. After that manually add your associated gmail (If you use gmail in your youtube login) sign in to your android and sync with official Youtube app.And, if you used Yahoo in your youtube login then go through Yutube app directly and try to login! Hope it will you to solve your headaching problem!! Best Regards!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crzbiohazard View Post

Restore your android device and sign up for a new gmail account using same device. After that manually add your associated gmail (If you use gmail in your youtube login) sign in to your android and sync with official Youtube app.And, if you used Yahoo in your youtube login then go through Yutube app directly and try to login! Hope it will you to solve your headaching problem!! Best Regards!!

How can in fix it

Hi Everyone...

Well this problem occurs with me (HTC One), but on literally every app I have, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Vine, Snapchat The lot... I literally cannot play videos. The video starts for about the first second then freezes, the audio continues for another 2 seconds before the video stops and gives me the 'Cannot play video' message in a black box.

I have tried turning the phone on and off ( standard) but this still isn't working. Any ideas anybody? It's driving me mad now!

Any help would be hugely appreciated, Thanks guys, Tom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast