Anyone else having problems with Google+ Instant Upload?

neohemp

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
For some reason instant upload stops working after a couple of days. I actually factory reset my phone and it worked again, but it stops working again after a couple of days. (Obviously factory resetting every couple of days isn't a viable option). I've posted on google's support forum and put in a support ticket but didn't really get a resolution. I've uninstalled any apps that may be intrusive, have no "firewall" type apps, and have tried just about anything I can think of. if anyone else has experienced this and managed to fix it I'd appreciate the help! Otherwise I'll just wait and hope. :)

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I havent noticed any problems with it and IM flashing ROMs left and right. But I also decide to opt out of instant uploads. If I snap a video and Im not in Wifi, that babys gonna be some data uploading and I might totally forget about that.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I havent noticed any problems with it and IM flashing ROMs left and right. But I also decide to opt out of instant uploads. If I snap a video and Im not in Wifi, that babys gonna be some data uploading and I might totally forget about that.
Of course you can tell the uploader only to upload on wifi, or only while charging etc. Maybe some of those options are buggy causing conflicts for the OP?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Of course you can tell the uploader only to upload on wifi, or only while charging etc. Maybe some of those options are buggy causing conflicts for the OP?

Of course that is true. The only thing is, if I snap a long video and dont nessicarily need it uploaded to google+, its gonna take awhile for it to upload and thats sucking my battery up a little bit thats already bad enough on the Infuse lol. But the Infused ROM does do the battery nice. It treats the battery with much better care then Samsungs ROM lol

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I had problems too, but I think I figured it out. I had pics and vids on mobile network, and everything worked fine. When I went on vacation and only had Edge, I obviously set Instant to WiFi. After coming home, none of the pics taken on vacation would upload over mobile networks, the status said waiting for WiFi even though I had it set to upload over mobile network. It seems that whatever the setting is when taking pics/vids, that setting sticks with the pics. Once I turned on my WiFi, they all uploaded and Instant is working as it should now.

neohemp

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I always have mine set to mobile network, and don't change any of the settings, and it works after a factory reset for about a day or so and then just decides to stop instantly uploading. It's really weird. The poster above is right though it's not that hard to upload what you want, but I just prefer to have them all go up and then when I get home go through and erase the ones that are bad. But yeah I might just have to cope with it :)

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm more concerned about the pictures that I take then the data. Hint Hint.:-X:-X

But then again, I was grandfathered in on att&t's (what's suppose to be unlimited) data plan.